`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
This company has alot of balls after putting out an inferior website and a parade of BS excuses and promises they pull this crap? I can understand maybe deleting the people who haven't paid a dime or haven't logged on in a LONG time, but for people maybe taking a break for a couple months or so because of real life issues this is complete and utter BS. My OPG runs out today and my decision to renew or not just became alot easier. Beckett can go to hell and I will close out my couple of open trades tonight and adios. They carry through with this extortion and I predict this company will be no more than a memory in 5 years if it takes that long

my biggest issue? they readily admit they have no idea how to fix the current bleeping issues. but they pull this bullbleep

Yeah trading has ground to a halt as it is. Im buying less cards and sitting on just as much as i would when trading was actually active on this site. Guess it's time to officially be done with Beckett.
Is this thing on?

They just don't have a clue how to do things.
Just copy all your info into an excel doc.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(05-21-2014, 08:44 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Just copy all your info into an excel doc.
That would work great if I had access to it. I have tens of thousands of cards in my ORG, and my subscription expired last month. I wasn't planning on renewing until after I finish moving and settle into my new place and new job. So either I pay $19.95 for a year of ORG and then copy everything to Excel, or I lose everything I took the time to enter in my ORG.
That being said, I have almost all the stuff I really care about in my own files already. It was the convenience of checking my ORG to see if I needed a card when I wasn't at home that made it nice. Also, it would suck to lose track of (or have to re-enter if I decide to join back in later) the thousands of cards I entered and marked for trade.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I buy my OPG yearly so I'm here to at least December, but if it comes time to renew and there is a significant price increase after months and months and months of OPG and ORG stupidness I'll probably say goodbye as well. Trading is just about dead, like most I haven't really been actively seeking them lately because after they are done I have no idea what it will do to my ORG. The forums are a ghost town compared to this time last year. More and more good members and traders are just disappearing (when is the last time anyone saw Cross444, tate31nym, bunk27, x5ofspades, or jaysfaninvicinity as examples?). This is (was) the best place to trade, talk cards and sports on the net. I really miss what it should be.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Well they are (Beckett) celebrating its 30 year anniversary ..... What better way than to have an ORG Screw You Over Party..... By erasing your collection & expect you to pay for something that doesn't work most of the time anyway.....as I've mentioned before I wasted so much time scanning, cropping, & uploading pics of my cards to my ORG only for the damn thing to erase them all....

I really wish the Beckett president Sandeep Dua would run the company better than he has been & fix ALL of the issues & resolve user complaints with the ORG/user experience.....he could at least chime in on the forums as well to let everyone know that he does care & he's working on being better at his job....after all he is in the business of customer service.....we pay the company money & they (he) should feel obligated to provide the best magazine /online experience the customers could hope to ask for.....another example is to post the articles in the magazines to online paying subscribers..... Why should the online subscription be different than the paper magazine....they should emulated/mirror one another.... Come on Sandeep Dua.... Get your act together for the sake of the people (like me) who pay the Beckett company money for your services & products !!!!!!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(05-21-2014, 08:44 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: They just don't have a clue how to do things.
Just copy all your info into an excel doc.
There's a way to export to excell?

copy and paste, use paste special in excel, so it comes in clean. no auto-export

Not to be the guy making light of the situation, but I kinda view this like when Netflix raised their prices/changes their services a few years ago.

Everybody moaned and complained, were never going to pay them another dime, proclaimed the death of the company, etc., etc., etc. (Cue South Park angry protest mob, now.)

And then what happened? Most people bit the bullet, accepted the changes and moved on. And the company was just as strong, if not stronger, than it was prior to the changes.

I predict the same thing will happen here.
Kepler