`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Trip to my LCS (Spectra, '14 UD)

Quick Trip to my LCS (Spectra, '14 UD)
The LCS is hooking me up with a framing deal for a couple signed photos I acquired, so while I was there dropping them off I decided to grab a couple things. This turned out to be 1 pack of 2013 Spectra (I'm addicted, I admit it) and 5 packs of 2014 UD.

Nothing spectacular out of the Spectra: I finally pulled a pink embossed card, but it was a Fred Jackson base. The auto was of B.J. Daniels, and the relic card was a blue Justin Hunter with a nice little 3-color patch (no pics yet, sorry). All told the combined book value was within a couple bucks of what I paid for the pack, so that's always nice.

The UD was quite a bit better. Turned out there were only four packs left in the open box, so I opted for 3 of those and 2 out of the fresh one. Those 5 packs yielded one auto (Ryan Grant Lettermen /75), one '94 tribute (Rick Mirer...but it's still an insert, dammit!), one SP rookie (Antonio Richardson), and one RARE: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Combined with some decent standard-print hits (Peyton, Montana, Elway, another Bridgewater, etc) and these packs more than made up for the Spectra.

Everything is loaded up in the Org if anyone's interested. In the middle of a major reorganization of my physical collection, but I'll try to get the highlights up on my bucket later tonight.

RE: Quick Trip to my LCS (Spectra, '14 UD)
Book value doesn't mean anything. It's nice dream people have in their head and then they ask someone to buy it at BV and the other person laughs in their face and then offers 10% of BV.

(05-19-2014, 06:58 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Book value doesn't mean anything. It's nice dream people have in their head and then they ask someone to buy it at BV and the other person laughs in their face and then offers 10% of BV.
That might apply if I was looking to sell any of these cards. But seeing as how I trade excess cards for items I want for my PC, and trading generally goes off of BV, I'd say that it means something. Thanks for the insight, though!

(05-19-2014, 06:58 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Book value doesn't mean anything. It's nice dream people have in their head and then they ask someone to buy it at BV and the other person laughs in their face and then offers 10% of BV.
All this tells me is you know nothing about the sports card market lol Book Value is important if you can open your mind beyond ebay. There are multiple ways to sell cards, many at book or really close to it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Nice Clinton-Dix
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK