`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help for a poor dude...

RE: A little help for a poor dude...
If you read the entire thread you would see that I ended up paying. As for book values and such, it always comes down to the market your selling to. I buy Cowboys, Spurs and Maverick and Rockets stuff on ebay all the time at normally a discounted rate. I can normally get close to high book value for it here in south Texas. But if I try to sell some Seahawks stuff around here, for instance....I can barely give it away.Its all relative to where your selling normally.

Good discussion.

Wow, this thread blew up...

I think the tension of Beckett value versus Ebay/Auction value comes when people are wanting to trade. If the philosophies do not match up, there are going to be problems.

I do not consider Beckett's Book Value to be any sort of reflection of what a card is worth. I want to see what people are paying for the cards with money. Now with that being said, that is my opinion but I do not try to trade because I know trading is where the arguments can start.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(05-19-2014, 10:38 PM)gjhobbs Wrote: I disagree. Ebay is a great way to get rough price ranges, but Beckett uses numerous factors to determine the book value.

Same way that KBB and NADA determine their own values for cars.

I wouldn't go on craigslist to get a value for a car...
Great point. Same way the time of year that sell a card. In tax season car sales are much higher than the rest of the year.

all been said... beckett is a guide not the end all. they have low and high bv, and you never know when somebody is cash strapped on ebay and needs to sell some of their things if they lost a job or need, beer, crack, chronic money, or their pc needs have changed. I know i have sold some stuff cheap so that i could buy something cooler to me than what i had in my crappy collection.

all i am saying is, it is a crap shoot on what you get for the price.

It's already been said, and, I'm just going to say it once more. Everything in this world is worth what somebody pays for it. Beckett has been around for a very long time, and, for good reason. Ebay has also been around for a good reason. We all know the only time you are going to get "paid" the true value of any card will be through trading, I love selling cards, I use ebay, I do not expect to make my money back from any box, card, lot or whatever else I may put on that site. I am willing to take any loss that I take, just to get the cash to help buy another box. If I want true BV I will trade the card on here, and most likely sell the card I get in return, which I've done a few times.

Enjoy the hobby, don't worry you can sell for, have fun, trade and if need be sell a card, take what you get for it as what it is.

OK...just add this to your average sale price, but I just sold this Romo card for $25 bucks. Local homer here in Texas, but that card was uber sweet.Beckett lists it at $15 bucks but that is really low value in my opinion. Only 25 out there.Bought it for $5.50 on Ebay. Good Luck and happy holidays!