`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best box for around $150?

What is the best box for around $150?
I've been mainly buying football cards for since I got back into the hobby, now, looking to buy some baseball.

What would you recommend me buying this year? $150-$200 is really the most I would be willing to pay for a box.

Thanks

RE: What is the best box for around $150?
Tribute and Museum have both dropped in price. I like both of the products. Keep in mind... anything you buy can be a hit or it can be a miss.

You're right about the hit or miss, lately I've been more of a miss. I love Tribute and Museum and oddly enough right before I came back to this site, I bought 1 box of both and a box of football Inception. Hope to pull something nice somewhere, but, it's all about the fun anymore. I know I'm not getting rich of this.

Thanks for the reply.

If ur into prospects, bowman jumbo is nice. 3 hits per box and who knows what else. Set u back around 150-160. Thanks.

Always been a fan of Triple Threads which goes for around 160-190 depending on the year.

right now i'd say 14 Bowman Jumbo since you get the three auto's

(05-13-2014, 07:13 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: If ur into prospects, bowman jumbo is nice. 3 hits per box and who knows what else. Set u back around 150-160. Thanks.
Totally agree on the jumbo Bowmans. Very friendly box.

Right now, Gypsy Queen is about $100 and you get 2 autos, 2 relics, 1 box of VAR minis and 1 of my boxes had an SP REV image card! The base cards are cool! Abreu and Tanaka RC are nice little hits, too! Lots of bang for one hundred bucks! .... And I saved you $50 that you can spend on eBay or on some retail blasters. I just had a Bowman blaster that was almost more satisfying than the 1/2 case that I busted!

Oh yeah, 2014 EEE (Elite Extra Edition) blasters were loaded with 3 autos per box for $30 per blaster.

So here's my shopping list : 1 hobby GQ + 1 Bowman blaster + 1 EEE blaster = $150 (5 or more autos, 3 or more relics and who knows what else?)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.