`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1986 topps error?

1986 topps error?
I have a 1986 Topps Marc Sullivan card of the Boston Red Sox.
At the top of the card, where it says "Red Sox," the color should be red.
But the color is the orange that Topps used for the Orioles, Mets, Giants and Astros.
I looked on Ebay and saw a couple others with this orange tint though most are red. Is this an uncorrected or corrected error and how rare is it?

RE: 1986 topps error?
Actually, the first question you should be asking is "how rare is a Marc Sullivan collector?" Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well Pascual Perez doesnt have much of a following either

is it rare? maybe. is it a recognized error? no. does it hold any extra value? absolutely not

(05-13-2014, 06:20 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Well Pascual Perez doesnt have much of a following either
That is true, but the Perez error was an error that was well known during the error card boom of the late 80s and early 90s. I think most people consider the 1986 Topps card simply a mis-coloration (as in a printing flaw) and not a true error (such as the Pascual Perez card where Topps actually left the position off the front of the card and caught it early enough to stop the presses and continue running with an updated plate that had the position shown).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/