`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
is it just me?

is it just me?

Is it just me or did Five Star tank phenomenally?

I picked up two cases on release day. The booklets sell for half of what a playbook booklet sells for and the rookie autos sell somewhere near crown royale prices. For a $400 pack. That's not ok.

Checklist seems to be pretty weak too.

list of personally banned eBay users you may want to avoid, Cranes509 , ronrob5

RE: is it just me?
yeah. i was going to pick up a case. then changed my mind.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(05-10-2014, 10:54 PM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: Is it just me or did Five Star tank phenomenally?

I picked up two cases on release day. The booklets sell for half of what a playbook booklet sells for and the rookie autos sell somewhere near crown royale prices. For a $400 pack. That's not ok.

Checklist seems to be pretty weak too.
I'm already seeing it on sale at various online retailers. That's never a good sign this soon after release.

I didn't buy any boxes myself, but I did get into a divisional case break which netted me a whopping single Matt Ryan auto card.

Yeah I got my lunch eaten on the two cases which totalled out at $2,300 ish. Even pulling a Keenan Allen/ Robert Woods booklet auto /5, a Deion Sanders auto, and a Stedman Bailey 1/1 auto, I still lost $1600 on the venture. I even had it all listed within two hours of release. Never seen anything like that happen before. Product looks nice. I'm guessing it's a combination of a super limited checklist which only offers a selection of 25 vets that already showed up in every other set released, and releasing so close to the draft when nobody knows if the player their chasing is going to become irrelevant or not.

list of personally banned eBay users you may want to avoid, Cranes509 , ronrob5

I was in a break and I loved the look of the cards...I saw some amazing hits come out of it, but you are right, I don't think you can get your money out of a box or case at the current price. Better to grab singles it looks like. Also, in the 3 cases I took part in or watched, almost every case had the same exact base cards.

(05-11-2014, 10:57 AM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: I'm guessing it's a combination of a super limited checklist which only offers a selection of 25 vets that already showed up in every other set released, and releasing so close to the draft when nobody knows if the player their chasing is going to become irrelevant or not.
Ouch on that loss. Sad

Plus, let's face it...a lot of people are just burned out on the 2013 class & looking forward to the 2014 releases. You can only design an Eddie Lacy auto so many ways.