`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Good is Charlie Blackmon?

How Good is Charlie Blackmon?
I recently pulled a Charlie Blackmon Bowman chrome Xfractor RC auto #ed /250...Don't know much bout him since I don't really follow any other team other than the Angels And Dodgers. I looked at his 2014 Stats and it seems like he's got game.
Now my question to you real Baseball fans, is how good is Charlie Blackmon compare to all these young phenoms, such as Trout, Harper, Puig, Machado, Abreu and so on?
KOBE BRYANT Card Breakdown - 3 Auto's, 38 GU's, 192 RC's, Inserts and Base, 17 Duplicates. Total = 250 Cards
MIKE TROUT Card Breakdown - 2 Auto's, 4 GU's, 83 RC's, Inserts and Base, 30 Duplicates. Total = 119 Cards

RE: How Good is Charlie Blackmon?
(08-06-2014, 08:28 AM)dhakis Wrote: I recently pulled a Charlie Blackmon Bowman chrome Xfractor RC auto #ed /250...Don't know much bout him since I don't really follow any other team other than the Angels And Dodgers. I looked at his 2014 Stats and it seems like he's got game.
Now my question to you real Baseball fans, is how good is Charlie Blackmon compare to all these young phenoms, such as Trout, Harper, Puig, Machado, Abreu and so on?
From a pure baseball perspective, he is not in the same class as the above mentioned. to begin with, Charlie is 28 years old and just now is having a good year worthy of an all-star appearance. Trout, Harper, Puig, and Machado are all 23 or younger, Abreu is 27. Blackmon does not have extra base power of any of the others and does not draw many walks to go with it. The power he does have is probably aided by Coors Field. Looking statistically, his career batting average at home is .336 and .239 on the road and has hit twice as many HR at Coors field than on the road. He is a solid player, but I actually see him more as a 4th outfielder in 2-3 years from now. Since you follow the Angels, I view him more as a Jeff DaVanon type ballplayer with just a slight edge in pure hitting. From an investment standpoint, i do not believe there is enough power or speed to warrant any future market value that will sustain more than right now.