`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?

RE: If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?
(05-03-2014, 05:43 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if he does leave a negative...well, there are ways i can deal with that....

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1507786.html
Simply awesome

Who cares if you get a negative? If a buyer reads through the feedback they'll see the total picture and it's likely this guy's feedback will reflect his ignorance. It'll probably be worded like "I can't make money on this lot" or even dumber.

I would make him return the lot if not completely satisfied at his expense and make it clear that either he is happy with everything or he returns it all for a full refund on his original purchase. No partial refunds, no picking and choosing, no replacements, and no refund of the return shipping cost. By the way, this is how I personally feel ALL auctions of this type should be dealt with when these types of arguments arise. I see far too many arguments about value of the contents of these lots.

(05-03-2014, 06:40 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Who cares if you get a negative?
(05-03-2014, 04:18 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: fact is, ill probably just give him a refund just to avoid the fight - though i could care less about a negative - 100% positive, over 7k feedback

I would not give him a refund..... Just because he can't sell cards to the right buyer to make a profit should have no impact on what you sold him between y'all's transaction.... You never hear about car dealerships suing auto manufacturers because they can't make a profit off the cars they bought from the manufacturer to sell to the general public..... I would explain it that way to your buyer.... If your merchandise met the requirements of what you had listed in your auction then he's just a dumb A$$.... If he leaves you a negative feedback then leave him a negative feedback.... But definitely not a refund.... it's the principle....

Also send him the link to this message thread so that way he can read our card communities feedback about the situation....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

I agree, send him a link to this thread. Let him know there is more than one person in this world that thinks he is a moron.
[Image: Boston.jpg]

DO NOT GIVE HIM A REFUND! You can always have negative feedback removed if you have to since you can prove to eBay the BV. Do not give in to this idiot. Don't set that standard.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

He's claiming that because I have a fourteen day return policy, I have to"honer" his refund

As a business owner, I typically have to have my wife review my replies to customers with this attitude. I typically write with much venom and the wife mellows it out and, ultimately, we decide the flames are not worthwhile. If you have not left feedback, I would probably refund (customer satisfaction) and nail the feedback. Sometime the battle is not worth the fight.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Okay okay..... honor your return policy & give him a refund...... let him leave you a feedback and then you leave him a negative feedback....... and give him a link to this thread and this post....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(05-03-2014, 11:19 PM)rollx8 Wrote: Okay okay..... honor your return policy & give him a refund...... let him leave you a feedback and then you leave him a negative feedback....... and give him a link to this thread and this post....
Sellers can't leave neg f/back for buyers for a few years. Only pos f/b can be left & can't be a positive with negative overtones. Ebay want's it to be all about the buyers.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered