`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?

RE: If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?
I hate people that leave their kitchen cupboards open!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(05-04-2014, 03:16 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I hate people that leave their kitchen cupboards open!
i see someone shares my OCD

I'm with you that this guy is an idiot and doesn't deserve a refund. But posting pics of him and screenshots of his Facebook page? C'mon man, that's just childish. And for what? A few dollars? (Not to mention more than just slightly creepy that you actually went to the trouble to FIND his Facebook page....)

(05-05-2014, 08:52 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I'm with you that this guy is an idiot and doesn't deserve a refund. But posting pics of him and screenshots of his Facebook page? C'mon man, that's just childish. And for what? A few dollars? (Not to mention more than just slightly creepy that you actually went to the trouble to FIND his Facebook page....)
Not looking to argue, but in his defense, it's not hard to find anything on people on the internet. My real world daily job is searching various databases for various information on various people. Suffice it to say, that experience makes it EXTREMELY easy to find anything with a small amount of information about someone on the internet. I had someone say something to me, very recently, about a package I had mailed to them. I had no idea what part of the address was so I hopped online and found it within 5 seconds. They thought it would have taken me forever to find the info but I guess it's just a matter of knowing what to type in searches/format/keywords/etc.

Scammers on sites are, for the most part, very easy to locate elsewhere. Many people think they are sneaky or something but everyone leaves a trail all over the place on here (internet).

Additionally, his time (probably no more than 2 minutes) will possibly go much further in preventing this guy from doing something again in the future. Much more so than a "ban" or "MSF tag" type deal.

Again, not looking to argue or anything, just giving another viewpoint I guess.

I know it is easy to find. Extremely easy..... but why? That also doesn't mean his pic/info should be posted to a public message board without his knowledge/consent.

(05-05-2014, 04:26 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I know it is easy to find. Extremely easy..... but why? That also doesn't mean his pic/info should be posted to a public message board without his knowledge/consent.
The thing is though, is that the pic/info was already in the public realm. I guess it's an old internet saying by now but "if you don't want it out there, don't put it out there".

(05-05-2014, 04:26 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I know it is easy to find. Extremely easy..... but why? That also doesn't mean his pic/info should be posted to a public message board without his knowledge/consent.
there is no real name attached, nor any internet id attached. therefore - no harm, no foul

however, i have no qualms about doing so in a blog post if he leaves me a negative

(and finding this literally took less than 10 seconds)

as to your point about the money: if you read above, i was willing to just give him his money back, even though it was pure bs. but he wouldnt even admit that his logic was bs. so: he gets the treatment.

i believe in the virtue of the disproportionate response

i, of course will give him a heads up of my intentions if he follows through. it will be his choice.