`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolest video I have seen on youtube in a LONG time.

Coolest video I have seen on youtube in a LONG time.
http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/fo...und-050214

Footage discovered from the 1919 World Series. This was the famous "Black Sox" World Series. I grew up a Chicago kid, so I was absolutely fascinated by this whole story, particularly Shoeless Joe Jackson.

My dream card would be the Cracker Jack Shoeless Joe Jackson card, but probably not realistic unless I win the lottery. :-)

Having said that, here are my 3 favorites from my "Black Sox" PC:

[Image: T205Cicotte.jpg]
1911 Eddie Cicotte, a star pitcher for the 1919 White Sox and a conspirator. (Banned for life)

[Image: 1921RaySchalkeBlackSox.jpg]
1921 Ray Schalk, the catcher and a team leader who was NOT in on the fix.

[Image: 1909T206ChickGandil.jpg]
1911 Chick Gandil, the first baseman and ringleader of the whole scandal. He recruited the others with a pretty effective sales pitch. This card is my favorite of the 3 just for the story.

RE: Coolest video I have seen on youtube in a LONG time.
Tell u what, idk how many times I watched the movie on it. Still amazes me to this day.

That's is really awesome! Oh man what a find! I loved that scene in NY where they were "watching" the game haha.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

That was really amazing! That stadium was so packed you couldn't get another person in there. That was really awesome to watch. People believed in baseball then. Rarely do we see crowds that big or enthused. Awesome video and thanks for sharing it.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

When you boil it all down, not much has changed in almost a hundred years.
That was pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile