`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky Trip to Cleveland

Lucky Trip to Cleveland
I get sent out of town pretty often for work, which I don't generally mind. I always try to find an LCS and catch a game while I'm there. I got sent to Cleveland this week and got pretty lucky on both fronts, though work was an absolute killer!

First we hit a great shop where I was lucky enough to find a Grace bat card I didn't have. I threw in 2 jumbo packs of Bowman as well since we were chatting with the owner for quite some time and his prices were very low. In the first pack I hit an Abreu Top 100 insert, and in the second a black refractor auto (even numbered 99/99). I guess the guy is a decent prospect, but I'm not a big prospect collector so it will be FT/FS.

Then we found tickets for the Indians 3 rows behind the plate on Stubhub for next to nothing. Great stadium, great game, and I managed to snag a BP HR ball from Jason Kubel. I have never caught a ball at a game in my life so that was pretty cool, though I technically didn't catch it. More like wait for the bounce and beat the kids to it...

Here are some of the spoils
[Image: 20140506_222931.jpg]
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

RE: Lucky Trip to Cleveland
nice man!! thanks for sharing. and for the Diaz, feel free to check me for it. thanks

Sweet story....thanks for sharing! I am glad to know I am not the only road warrior that looks for LCS and Baseball Tickets!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

Nice !!! good thing you didnt catch it, would have been a sore hand for a week for sure! lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

And you didn't share the Grace card you picked up, shame on you. You must now remove him from your avatar Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Which shop were you at? I've been looking for some near me and have only found 2, one of which has terrible google+ reviews.

(05-08-2014, 06:22 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: And you didn't share the Grace card you picked up, shame on you. You must now remove him from your avatar Smile
I feel great shame!

I honestly don't remember the name of the card shop...I know he had a metric ton of junk wax packs and a smaller amount of recent wax. Guy was a little weird at first but once we got talking to him he was cool. At $13 a jumbo pack (compared to $15 in Chicago, I am not going to complain).

2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331