`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narrowed down my pc choices...Decided on sets

Narrowed down my pc choices...Decided on sets
I've narrowed down my choices to my top 10 things I like to collect. I have something of everything listed below so I would already have a start. My family voted so I would like to see what the forum thinks and why you picked it. Here's my choices.

1. Prospect/RCs (would need advice on how to start this without buying boxes)

2. TTM/IP Signings

3. HOFers

4. Sets (have a lot not finished)

5. Museum Collection (currently doing this)

6. Bowman. Bowman Chrome, Bowman Draft sets

7. KC Royals (went to Wilmington Blue Rocks games last nite. They are 45 mins away and I can keep tabs on prospects)

8. Vintage

9. SGA Bobbleheads (have a few)

10. Phillies (the bulk of my collection already. I start, get bored, then start again)

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Mike

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Narrowed down my pc choices
I think the KC prospects is a great choice! As we are close to the stadium, it's easy to pick-up team set packs, IP auto's plus judge for yourself the talent and who you may want to "super collect" .

Collecting Vintage and Phils to me is just part of the deal....LOL.

Good luck!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-27-2014, 10:19 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I think the KC prospects is a great choice! As we are close to the stadium, it's easy to pick-up team set packs, IP auto's plus judge for yourself the talent and who you may want to "super collect" .

Collecting Vintage and Phils to me is just part of the deal....LOL.

Good luck!
Thanks Phillies_Joe. My collecting interest are all over the place when it comes to baseball. Trying to pick a few players was just too difficult to narrow down so I came up with these 10. I've thrown out the bobblehead idea as I need to stick to cards so I'm down to 9. My wife, daughter, and brother (who collects football) all picked prospects/rcs. Its a broad area with potential they say. Just don't know how to go about it.

I will go with bowman, bowman chrome, bowman draft sets and vintage, but that is what I do collect. You have a great opportunity with a minor league team close to your home. That is a great way to collect autos from many prospects and minor leaguers. That will be one of my top choices. Also, you get to watch a game. With both bowman and the games you get tmcllect prospects and autos, and also can do the bowman sets.

Maybe pick one or two and focus on one until you "get bored" then switch to the other. It's easy to get burnt out focusing on one thing. I have 4-5 PC's going at one time. I'm very specific in what I'm looking for narrowing the potential for pickups (which average 1-2 every other week at the moment) but as many as 2-3 if not more a week in high times. Team collecting and player collecting you could easily get more at one time but are you looking for quality over quantity?
no org, please do not send trade requests

I would go with 3.4.8. its always fun to put sets together
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(04-27-2014, 12:12 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: I will go with bowman, bowman chrome, bowman draft sets and vintage, but that is what I do collect. You have a great opportunity with a minor league team close to your home. That is a great way to collect autos from many prospects and minor leaguers. That will be one of my top choices. Also, you get to watch a game. With both bowman and the games you get tmcllect prospects and autos, and also can do the bowman sets.
Thanks for the comment. Its crazy that the Blue Rocks are that close and I've only been there 5 times. Last nite I got to see Bubba Starling and Raul Mondesi play for Wilmington and Jorge Alfaro play for Myrtle Beach. Alfaro has a cannon for an arm by the way. Did get 3 autos from Sean Manaea (Blue Rocks), Zane Evans (Blue Rocks), and Jason Knapp (Myrtle Beach) last nite. It was crowded and I wasn't really prepared. Will be next time for sure. Doing this seems like it may be the way I go for my pc.

I may be interested in your bobbleheads if your getting rid of them- as far as suggestions, MichaelStepper made a great suggestion, and I like to keep up with doing them in my signature (like you are, with the percentages to track progress!) Finally, 1,2,6, and 7 could almost all be under the same category somewhat, even though #7 is a little bit of a stretch
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Decided I"m going with sets in the low to mid-range level or I should say my wife decided for me...LOL. Pretty much going to stick with boxes $80 or below. Just ordered 1 each of the following:

Donruss
Heritage (set started from 5 blasters)

Pinnacle
Prizm (set started already)
Prizm Prospect Draft
Archives (2 boxes) (set started from 2 blaster boxes)

Should keep me busy for a bit. Just started adding my cards back to organize. Have a lot to go but some set wants and traders listed. If you don't see anything you need yet keep looking this week. Probably have 2000 cards as traders to add from base to mid/high end.

good choice, its fun to do lots of trades with other set collectors for help
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]