`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREAKINunbelievable! Redemptions! Updated scans!

RE: FREAKINunbelievable! Redemptions! Updated scans!
DrM, sorry for the delay in congrats! That Cobb is very, very cool and glad it finally arrived! I'm not a fan of the whole 2012 "golden" design on the inserts, but that's my problem right...LOL. However, that Myers takes the cake! Very awesome looking and I agree that the shadow box cards are A+. Thanks for sharing and enjoy them for many, many years!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-28-2014, 08:40 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks! It's really cool in person.
If the relic was a brighter color, it would probably look even better. A Cardinals relic with red and yellow would really "pop" but the blue and aqua-blue of Tampa is really dull.
I can post a better picture if you want.
I immediately went over to ebay afterwards and took a look at some of the other ones active/completed to see some more - definitely one of the nicer cards I've seen them make in a while! shame other than Ozzie Smith not really anyone else I'd want for our collection or can't live without (we don't really buy a lot so its cool to live vicariously through posts like this to satisfy some of the urge!)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(04-28-2014, 08:51 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: DrM, sorry for the delay in congrats! That Cobb is very, very cool and glad it finally arrived! I'm not a fan of the whole 2012 "golden" design on the inserts, but that's my problem right...LOL. However, that Myers takes the cake! Very awesome looking and I agree that the shadow box cards are A+. Thanks for sharing and enjoy them for many, many years!
Yeah, Joe, I agree that the Golden design isn't the best, nor was I a big fan. It's cool having a relic of Cobb, but it would have looked better in another "holder" Smile
I was happy to pull the redemption 2 years ago, frustrated that it took soooooo FREAKINunbelievably long to produce, was anticipating something that would blow me away due to the very long creation process, and admittedly slightly "let down" when I saw that design. After a few seconds it didn't bother me as much since my long, arduous wait was finally over and a micron thin slice of a piece of wood that allegedly was from a bat that Ty Cobb may have actually touched and perhaps used in a game (or not) was forever glued into place on a piece of poorly designed cardboard to be forever sealed in a container made of clear plastic never to be seen again by human eyes until the day that I decide to show it to someone in my family that will undoubtedly say " wow a card .... Who's the old baseball dude? " Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well, you know what the card is worth......folks not in the hobby don't. Get a nice little display case with some awesome background lighting and show it off in your office. You'll have a great story to tell of your awesome pull and the ensuing saga....plus that way, alot of folks get to see it. They will try to put 1 and 4 together and ask you what it's worth (priceless is the answer!!!!). Again, congrats and thanks for sharing.

IMO - the days of waiting for redemptions for long periods of time sb over with Topps pulling everything back in-house..
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-29-2014, 12:14 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Well, you know what the card is worth......folks not in the hobby don't. Get a nice little display case with some awesome background lighting and show it off in your office. You'll have a great story to tell of your awesome pull and the ensuing saga....plus that way, alot of folks get to see it. They will try to put 1 and 4 together and ask you what it's worth (priceless is the answer!!!!). Again, congrats and thanks for sharing.

IMO - the days of waiting for redemptions for long periods of time sb over with Topps pulling everything back in-house..
I believe you are correct, Sir! On both counts!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.