`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bowman Chrome Blaster and a sad day for Traders everywhere...

2013 Bowman Chrome Blaster and a sad day for Traders everywhere...
So I was at Target today with my two boys (4 and 2) and they were hounding my for a box of cards. So I saw there was a blaster of 2013 Bowman Chrome for 12.99. That is solid price so I bought it and went to the car...I opened the box to divide the packs between the boys and all the packs in the box were opened.

I had heard of this but never saw it firsthand. I always check for the topps logo on the outside wrapper before purchasing. So I took the box into the Target and explained the situation. They looked completely puzzled. So after a long explanation, they told me to get a replacement but I told them that it was the only BC blaster. They were cool enough to let me get a 19.95 blaster of GQ as a replacement. The Target store was great and I will do business with them again. But the bum that open the packs should get a life! Thanks for listening to me vent.

RE: 2013 Bowman Chrome Blaster and a sad day for Traders everywhere...
Nice vent NOW WHAT DID YOU GET IN THE GYSPY. lol. I only had that happen to me once. Walmart replaced the blaster BUT the service desk lady made me open the blaster there and then she opened my first pack!!!! What??

The Blaster wasn't great so I went back in and got another for the boys and got an Adrian B. Relic...they were happy my pocketbook wasn't lol.

The only thing worse and more scummy than pack-searchers are (we need a new word for these criminals) box-swappers (?is that good?)!
I was in a Walmart and found the handiwork of a Box-swapper. I alerted the store manager, explained what I found and he was pissed off. I bought a similar box that didn't look tampered with, and asked to open it in front of him. I wasn't a box-swap victim that day. Sorry to here about you're situation, but happy to hear about the resolution by Target.
Pack-searchers and box-swappers should have one of their own concentric level in Hades! I don't think other criminals would want to spend eternity with those kinda a-holes!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm sorry to hear about that, friend. Many collectors & traders either don't have an LCS near or cannot afford hobby prices, so retail is their main option. But crap like this ruins it for everybody. If the retail stores aren't going to do more theft prevention, then the card companies need to come up with a more tamper-proof way to package their retail cards. Just my 2 cents.

(04-25-2014, 05:58 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: box-swappers (?is that good?)!
I know what a scumbag pack-searcher is, but a box-swapper? What is this scam???
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

They buy a blaster, bring it home, take out cards they like ... Or all of them, replace missing cards with '88 Fleer, shrink wrap the package and "innocently" go back to the store and return it. " my son didn't want it" or exchange it "my son wanted a different box" .. They either get their money back, or a new box ... Either way, the box gets back on the shelves and an unsuspecting buyer gets it and gets a not-so-nice surprise when they get home.

I usually open mine in the car or in the store, just in case.
And, Make sure the shrink wrap is always the original 'topps' or 'panini' printed factory wrap.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The crazy thing is they were able to seal back the blaster with the original wrap with the topps logo on it. So that is why I bought it that was supposed to be the way you knew it was messed with or not. This was a new one for me.
I had seen boxes like lineage where you got one hit a box and it was wrapped differently than all the other cards opened. But this once again was new on me and my kids of all things.

Hate pack searchers
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(04-25-2014, 03:17 PM)once78 Wrote: The crazy thing is they were able to seal back the blaster with the original wrap with the topps logo on it. So that is why I bought it that was supposed to be the way you knew it was messed with or not. This was a new one for me.
I had seen boxes like lineage where you got one hit a box and it was wrapped differently than all the other cards opened. But this once again was new on me and my kids of all things.
I have no clue how they resealed that box. Very weird. Unless it was messed with before the box left Topps? Or the distributor? I really can't figure that one. Sorry.