`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very unique mini added to the collection

A very unique mini added to the collection
Just finished up a trade for this odd 2012 Gypsy Queen mini. Color is as you can see much different than the normal 'green' mini. I didn;t scan the back but it has the base mini design and color on back.
Always love picking up oddball mini's for the collection!
[Image: Scan275_zps9cf0fce4.jpeg]
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: A very unique mini added to the collection
They did have green minis.....think i have musial
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Very nice.

Pete...noticed with this years GQ that some of the base/mini's thoughout had a darker/vibrant yellow boarder like pictured above. Seems to be the same cards (ie Jonny Gomes #66...sorry no scanner access right now). Any reason you'd be aware of for this? ie, unannounced SP parallels...or just printing process errors.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-20-2014, 09:40 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice.

Pete...noticed with this years GQ that some of the base/mini's thoughout had a darker/vibrant yellow boarder like pictured above. Seems to be the same cards (ie Jonny Gomes #66...sorry no scanner access right now). Any reason you'd be aware of for this? ie, unannounced SP parallels...or just printing process errors.
Joe, I Noticed that with the regular cards, too. Some of the base cards looked almost white in comparison to the yellow. Printing variance, bad quality control, errors or 'on-purpose' cards? Who know? I'm betting on quality control issues.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-21-2014, 12:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Joe, I Noticed that with the regular cards, too. Some of the base cards looked almost white in comparison to the yellow. Printing variance, bad quality control, errors or 'on-purpose' cards? Who know? I'm betting on quality control issues.
Thinking the same re process problems. That Griffey is def an "on purpose" error. Nice grab Pete!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The unique mini is the Carp, I only scanned the Griffey to show the difference between the greens.
I'll provide some more scans in a little bit

Okay here on the left is the base Carp mini, on the right is the weirdo lime green
[Image: Scan276_zpse41b7686.jpeg]
These are the backs, the one in the toploader is the lime green.
[Image: Scan277_zps97713a2d.jpeg]
These are a couple of the other different backs from '12 GQ, Red Back and Straight Cut backs, both Carp's, front is exactly the same as first scan in this post on the left.
[Image: Scan278_zpsd7dc653f.jpeg]
The Kiner is a regular Green mini, the back is also printed in a dark green, this is compared to the lime green Carp, the back of this one is printed in the base brown color.
[Image: Scan279_zps1711ea9a.jpeg]

What's even weirder is the carp is the color of the 2013 minis

(04-20-2014, 09:40 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice.

I have noticed some of the base mini's have a slight shade difference, perhaps printed in a different factory? In 2011 GQ the base mini's that are slightly lighter are the photo variations but that doesn't seem to be the case with any of the later years of GQ.

It's not just a printing variation. The little ornamental flourishes on the Griffey are really dark but the mint Carp they're almost white. If it was just an issue with ink coverage, the action photo would have to be really messed up, too, but it looks pretty normal. Plus, the Gypsy Queen logos are spot-on matches as well.

(04-20-2014, 02:22 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Just finished up a trade for this odd 2012 Gypsy Queen mini. Color is as you can see much different than the normal 'green' mini. I didn;t scan the back but it has the base mini design and color on back.
Always love picking up oddball mini's for the collection!
[Image: Scan275_zps9cf0fce4.jpeg]
The Carp is 2012's unknown Aquamarine parallel. LOL J/K Interesting to see side by side though.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!