`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2014 GQ - Long Live the "Queen"

RE: 2014 GQ - Long Live the "Queen"
(04-15-2014, 07:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Hey Joe, you need to clean out your PMs ... I got a message saying you were over the limit, LOL.
Done RJ....everyone who has repsonded already.....I will look and get back to you all. Thanks for your comments and taking the time to look.
(04-15-2014, 07:42 PM)rentzington Wrote: Nice Martinez, haven't seen green autos yet.
Thanks! I think it's a #5 (or #10 lol). I love the on card auto's and not needing to wait for a redemption.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Hey Joe, also I have a package coming your way man! Enjoy
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Nice score on that Revere auto, I know that's staying put Smile I would like the Simmons relic and/or the Yadier mini relic. Check out my ORG. Talk to you soon bud
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

You killed it, Joe! Not only did you pull a Phillies auto, but it's one of those new s/n out of /49, and the green one is /10!!! Sick break! Congrats! I should have done a 3rd hobby box, like you instead of the useless blasters that I bought!
How'd you do with the mini variants?

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2014-...ions-guide
Here's a good visual guide for the reverse cards

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2014-...ions-guide
And here's a mini variant visual guide! Enjoy searching through ... I missed some my first time through.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-15-2014, 08:16 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Hey Joe, also I have a package coming your way man! Enjoy
LOL...Thanks man your the best! Give me a day or two to think about the Ben auto. More than anything, its a great looking card, Phillie or not!

(04-15-2014, 06:10 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Great break. I would love to get the braves off you.
Give me a day or two....if they keep killin my Phils, "no cards for you" LOL JK.

(04-15-2014, 06:23 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice stuff, Joe! The Brew Crew was definitely represented in the Sepia Mini department!

Thanks. Always admired Robina nd your CF is fun to watch.

(04-15-2014, 06:24 PM)mets5757 Wrote: Can you check me for the D'Arnaud please.
You got it give me a day or to to get my act together. Are you doing all the Mets (auto's or is that someone else doing another series of Met's)?

(04-15-2014, 06:56 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: Great breaks, Joe! The joy of ripping is more than half the fun, I agree!
Gracias my friend! Yea, esp. since my girls have shown an interest in it. It's really fun to talk about where the players are from, thier nationalities ect. while we are opening. I let them take the side piles out of the boxes knowing that the middle didn't have the auto's or relics. That way they "found" them for daddy and got to fight over who had the better hit...Good times indeed!

(04-15-2014, 08:19 PM)fgarvis Wrote: Nice score on that Revere auto, I know that's staying put Smile I would like the Simmons relic and/or the Yadier mini relic. Check out my ORG. Talk to you soon bud
I got you! Maybe the Yadier as Buckels is 1st inline on the Braves. Give me a day or two.

(04-15-2014, 09:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You killed it, Joe! Not only did you pull a Phillies auto, but it's one of those new s/n out of /49, and the green one is /10!!! Sick break! Congrats! I should have done a 3rd hobby box, like you instead of the useless blasters that I bought!
How'd you do with the mini variants?
Thanks DrM...the links will be helpful! I just got done sleeving the 200's & 300's. Probably will not get to the mini's til Thursday (Wed is Survivor/family night)! Pm sent re Yankees. Was a little disappointed in how low $ wise the Jeter Black was....was thinking about the greens from last year I guess. Really happy once again with the GQ, except I don't need 3 Bob Fellers (who I collect), 3 Phil Rizzuto's nor 3 Tony Perez's...and only 1Goose and 1 CatFish! Did real good on the auto's. Congrats to me! LOL

(04-15-2014, 07:09 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Same here Mitchell and Bonilla were my two favorites growing up! Nice stuff Joe!
Thanks...he wasn't one of mine, but only because he played for the Mets...once a Met always a Met (thank god we don't have to spell out Metropolitians each time eh.....LOL)

(04-15-2014, 09:37 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: LOL...Thanks man your the best! Give me a day or two to think about the Ben auto. More than anything, its a great looking card, Phillie or not!
It is a great looking card! I am no overly interested in that one though. I was really just curious about what you did with nice Phillie Auto pulls you made. Smile. Personally I say keep it Smile
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(04-16-2014, 12:03 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: It is a great looking card! I am no overly interested in that one though. I was really just curious about what you did with nice Phillie Auto pulls you made. Smile. Personally I say keep it Smile
Agreed! Especially those low numbered ones. I don't remember GQ ever having them before, so that makes it even better! I say, keep it, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-16-2014, 12:03 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: It is a great looking card! I am no overly interested in that one though. I was really just curious about what you did with nice Phillie Auto pulls you made. Smile. Personally I say keep it Smile
For someone who doesn't "collect " auto's or relics, I have a pretty nice collection. That is there mostly for trading purposes as I don't seek out auto's/relics when trading and don't want people to feel obligated to offer a auto/relic if that's what they want. If not in person, I have no attachment to auto's (I'm probably keeping the Revere....LOL) though a great looking card/auto is a great looking card/auto!

Nicely done indeed! Are you going for the set? I have a bunch of dupes I'd love to trade. Also i'll check you once you have everything in your org to see if you have any of my set needs.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Hey if you are trading the Yadier I need it for pc. Thanks