Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Update Regarding Issues

Update Regarding Issues
Good day, Beckett Community!

I see that the fuses are running short on the Boards again, and I can agree with the lot of you. It is frustrating to try to make a trade and have only one page show up. Repeatedly. No matter what you do. Bah! Well, and floydtown has said, this issue is in resolve. SWEET!

Dan Hitt (dhitt) emailed me about two hours ago to let me know that they are working on all issues that are afflicting the Trade Tool and Organize. He says that all of the bugs should be sprayed by Wednesday, and this includes the sort order issues. So there is that. He also let me know that the development team are working on other enhancements to the site to make things easier for us all. If there are any issues after the updates and fixes are in place, please do not hesitate to let any of the Mods know, or you can contact Dan himself (dhitt@beckett.com), which he encourages. Keep in mind that there are thousands of you and only one of him. This guy is doing so much with the short amount of time that he has been in his position... he truly is a blessing to this community!

If there is anything that I can do for anyone, please do not hesitate to ask. I have always loved helping out this community, and nothing has changed. I wish you all the best!

Randi

RE: Update Regarding Issues

I do not envy any of the MOD's or people trying to resolve this issue. My major problem is Beckett is more focused on adding features and not fixing the current problems. There is no compensation for lost time to the buying consumer. I used to recommend this site to anyone in the hobby. Now I refrain from it because of all the issues. It has made collecting less desirable. It seems this system is always bogged down every 3rd weekend. And the weekend is where I do most of my trading, inputting inventory and reading the Forums. It has become so slow and a nuisance that I do not see that much traffic on the boards. I am sorry to say that if the problems continue till my expiration of the OPG then it will be my last payment for service on this site. All the members have been great and I will miss them all. But paying for a service that work sometimes is I-N-S-A-N-E!!!
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Thanks for the regard, Mark. It truly is appreciated to know that the members tolerate us. Haha! I do understand the frustrations of the site, and I took part in some of the rebel against the staff. Now I am in a position where I can go a step further to help the issues come to a resolve, and I can assure you that the team is working as hard as they can to get things done.

The one thing that has to be kept in mind is that Beckett is a company and needs to keep afloat. The new services bring in potential income that can further increase the productivity and efficiency of the site. That is my logic as to why they have worked on the Auctions and Marketplace before most of the Forum and Org. issues. Now we have Dan Hitt in the fold and he is getting things dome a lot faster, as he has the capability to do so. I know that we are seeing the changes, and will continue to see the changes as the road expands. Our patience was welcomed with open arms and also appreciated by the Beckett Staff. It will come to a fold soon.

As for any retribution or extension, Dan Hitt has let it be known that he is willing to make that happen for the members, so long as they contact him themselves. It will take him some time, but I have faith in this guy. I thank you all for the patience, understanding, and concern. I am in the same boat as you. I wish you all nothing but the best!

Randi

(04-15-2014, 09:24 AM)rayeates Wrote: The one thing that has to be kept in mind is that Beckett is a company and needs to keep afloat. The new services bring in potential income that can further increase the productivity and efficiency of the site. That is my logic as to why they have worked on the Auctions and Marketplace before most of the Forum and Org. issues.

As for any retribution or extension, Dan Hitt has let it be known that he is willing to make that happen for the members, so long as they contact him themselves. It will take him some time, but I have faith in this guy. I thank you all for the patience, understanding, and concern. I am in the same boat as you. I wish you all nothing but the best!

Randi
I have to say, while I appreciate the optimistic tone Randi, I have to say that I don't agree. If Beckett thinks that focusing on the marketplace and auctions will increase revenue and that's the reason the trade tool and org don't work that's awful. 'Who cares about the people that already pay for the service. Most of them will probably stay and continue to pay anyways. Or they already have paid for a year or whatever so we already have the money. Let's focus on the marketplace and auctions where we can take a percentage of every transaction.' Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the clientele that you already have and keep them happy? After all, we are going to be the best chance of drawing in new members and promoting the site on the boards on other sites. Does anyone even trade coins or buy cards in the marketplace? Anytime I've ever looked at the marketplace the cards are overpriced!

And what of this retribution/extension? Should we all have to flood Dan's email account to get somewhere? They should be begging us to stay! We shouldn't have to grovel to get some kind of appreciation and reimbursement for sticking around through this nonsense.

Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

I concur. Each time the "enhancements" are made, new issues arise. The devs need to focus on fixing organize and trade (issues that have been present for over a year).

Beckett used to do the "customer appreciation" drawings, but haven't done one in ages. That might take the sting out of all the downtimes and bugs in the system, even if just a bit.

Randi,

I am glad you are optimistic. I have lost faith in Beckett. Where is the supposed Matchmaker? And the Stars in the trade tool are not working. I know all that are trying to resolve the issues at hand are working hard, but it is time I stop wasting my money on FALSE promises. I stuck this out as long as I can. It has been 4+ years since the change over from the last system. Which worked better than the current system. Like I said before they have 2 weeks from today to have no glitches. If I were to bet I would bet the house they will not come through.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Thanks for the update Randi. I must say that I will most likely not renew my subscription (in 6+ months) when it ends. I had actually cancelled my subscription a month back as I was doing month-to-month. I received a "promotional" offer via e-mail for a discount on 6 month and 1 year subscriptions. After calling Beckett and expressing my frustrations with the site and that I was in no way going to do anything more than a 6 month subscription, the rep continued to push a 1 year subscription saying it was the "best deal they have ever given especially with all the issues having been fixed". I am kicking myself now for even doing the 6 month subscription because I knew that even though the rep was saying the issues were fixed and to trust the site, that the issues have NOT been fixed. Like most other users on here, I just cant justify anymore paying for a service that does not work.

Good luck to everyone. I will remain somewhat active here until my subscription ends and most likely will be done at that point unless Beckett has a major turnaround on the site.

Thanks!
[Image: twobrosbanner.png]
Inventory with Scans (Working on updating)

Also, Beckett had better not even consider raising the price for the online price guide again this year. That would be a REAL slap in the face to members who've had to endure all the issues.

(04-15-2014, 08:16 PM)shierydana Wrote: Also, Beckett had better not even consider raising the price for the online price guide again this year. That would be a REAL slap in the face to members who've had to endure all the issues.
That's the only way they will make up the revenue for all the lost members. We should all make a pact to return on a specific date sometime In the future to rem inis and see if things have improved. It's really unfortunate because I think if everything worked the way it should and prices were much less this site would rule them all.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

(04-15-2014, 11:55 PM)chemainus Wrote: It's really unfortunate because I think if everything worked the way it should and prices were much less this site would rule them all.
This is the point I tried to stress to them. There is no easier place to find cards you want and trade for them than Beckett, but that is only if the site is working which hasn't been the case for years now.

[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr