`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeter Value Help

Jeter Value Help
I need some help on this. I've checked ebay and found no other like it. Lots of bat autos but nothing like mine with the inscription. I need help as to what the value would be. I sent it off to PSA/DNA to get authenticated. I am looking to move it after it comes back but just didn't know how much to ask for. Any insight would be great. Thanks

[Image: JeterBat2.jpg]

[Image: JeterBat1.jpg]
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

RE: Jeter Value Help
how did you acquire it (as an appraiser, provenance affects value greatly)

I actually got him to sign it when he played for the Greensboro Hornets minor league team almost 20 years ago. I live about 20 minutes from the field. This was a bat that he used that game. He handed out a couple things to all the kids after the game and I got a bat. Then he signed them all while we got to go on the field. I guess I was about 10-11 years old at the time.
(04-12-2014, 11:07 AM)accfan01 Wrote: I actually got him to sign it when he played for the Greensboro Hornets minor league team almost 20 years ago. I live about 20 minutes from the field. This was a bat that he used that game. He handed out a couple things to all the kids after the game and I got a bat. Then he signed them all while we got to go on the field. I guess I was about 10-11 years old at the time.
Btw...your expected due date is my birthday Smile Just thought that was pretty cool. 10/27/1982 for me.

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

(04-12-2014, 11:07 AM)accfan01 Wrote: I actually got him to sign it when he played for the Greensboro Hornets minor league team almost 20 years ago. I live about 20 minutes from the field. This was a bat that he used that game. He handed out a couple things to all the kids after the game and I got a bat. Then he signed them all while we got to go on the field. I guess I was about 10-11 years old at the time.

Btw...your expected due date is my birthday Smile Just thought that was pretty cool. 10/27/1982 for me.
that is cool, we live about 5 minutes from the current stadium and randomly have found a few jeter minor league items around town over the years
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I have a severe hatred for the Yankee Organization but not some of the players. I've followed Jeter since I was a kid and it's sad that this is his last year. It was fun seeing him play and never knowing I was watching a legend in the making.

(04-12-2014, 12:54 PM)accfan01 Wrote: I have a severe hatred for the Yankee Organization but not some of the players. I've followed Jeter since I was a kid and it's sad that this is his last year. It was fun seeing him play and never knowing I was watching a legend in the making.
It's cool to have witnessed baseball history! He's a legendary figure, for sure. It's amazing that he's been so good for so long. Not may people can last that long, under the pressure of NYC. Now I know what it was like for my father watching Mantle, and my grandfather watching DiMaggio and Ruth.

That bat's waaay cool. His signature on a ball through Steiner is/was around $300, probably more now. I'm sure if it authenticates it'll be worth at least that, if not more. I'd go to Steiner.com and see what a signed Jeter Bat sells for, since that is who people will use to compare your price.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well I've seen some auctions on the bay for Jeter auto bats sell for several thousand and none are from his rookie year nor have the inscription mine does. I'm not expecting all that but was just curious what everyone here thought.

Being from the minors I would expect more than a non game used bat but less than a bat he used for the Yankees, I'm no expert though. I would say around 1000, balls are generally in much higher supply than bats and generally sale for less. In my experience anyway. Your best option if you are selling would be an auction house probably, I wouldn't let that go on eBay personally.

I could be totally wrong haha
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

I don't want to put it on the bay but I thought I might just to see what kind of offers I get for it. Start it at some ridiculous BIN of like $3,999 and see what happens. At least maybe that will give me an idea....maybe. Lol.

Yeah, if you don't want to sell it make sure you put it where it definitely won't sell haha. To get legit offers you prolly need to get a Coa from a reputable company though
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%