`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
GMA Grading

RE: GMA Grading
(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I like the idea of protecting my PC as well- Sometimes I just want my cards protected, not graded.
and you can do that with BGS

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I feel most of us don't care if the auto is a little off the sticker or card as long as its neat, clear and steady.
i think you are probably wrong. but it doesnt matter anyway: it plays a part in the grade

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: There is absolutely NO reason to charge for the autograph grade, NONE, NO WAY, NO VALID REASON, PERIOD other than greed.
well that., and it's an extra service, extra work that has to be done. so, there's that

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: We should NOT be forced to have it graded.
again, you dont have to. you can just have it slabbed.

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: My cards are not taken out on Fridays and played with like a regular deck of cards so a little movements doesn't bother me at all as I always handle my cards carefully anyway. We don't have many earth quakes in Maryland moving my cards around in my safe and dinging them up so I should be good. My cards DO NOT just sit in my safe, they are displayed, handled and looked at--with respect--hence nobody in my home shakes the holders to see if the card moves 1/10 of an inch, even with that vast movement it takes a lot of moving to damage a card.
and im sure on the way back to you the post office will deal with them similarly

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I feel most of us don't care if the auto is a little off the sticker or card as long as its neat, clear and steady.
I know you said most. So clearly you we're talking about me because I do care. There's been 9.5's where the Auto wasn't a 10, so I didn't buy the card. However, to your other part of your statement, there have been other 9.5's that got a 10 for the Auto grade that I didn't buy because I didn't like how the Auto itself looked.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

no I did NOT mean you specifically-I was NOT referring to anyone one in particular, just my observations when Physically meeting,trading and talking with others in MY area. Most doesn't always have to include US!
My APOLOGIES to you since you seem to think I meant you specifically, I did not. I too have issues with crooked, incomplete auto's skipping pens, etc-My point was they didn't need to be graded-unlike the card itself-I can see those flaws.
I thanked you for the site info and visited them.

I won't get into these kinds of rants on the boards. I had an opinion, I voiced it. Check the price of slabbing ungraded verse grading-because when I pass one day, that card will have a better value graded-hence it makes sense to spend the extra $3.00 I believe it is to have it graded initially since you've already invested 3 or more times that just for authentication and slab.
There is no extra work if you don't count the auto in the grade. I have never received a damaged card in any way from PSA or SGC (or BGS) I submitted. Post office/Fed Ex/UPS be darned. The graded cards I have mailed-none one ever had a problem with damage. Might be my packaging and writing fragile on box. Believe it or not the USPS service does make an attempt to safe guard your package. Things do happen, people ship china and porcelain all the time-all the way around the would, 10's of thousands of miles, only to arrive safely
Wonder why I rarely ever post?- I must need more stars to have a right to post an OPINION without being busted for it-Yes-your points ARE valid to a point AND WELCOMED Your choice of vocabulary isn’t. “and im sure on the way back to you the post office will deal with them similarly” ,” o, there's that” That’s just very condescending-If you have issues about my statement PROVE them incorrect and not attack my opinion.

Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

you voiced your opinion, i voiced mine

whats the problem?

I think happys response in his edit was for nolan5000, not jacoby.

The thing is everyone here, including myself, have brought up points some of us we see as pros, but the exact same point would be a con to somebody else. If you know what you are getting and are fine with it for your own personal needs the discussion is moot. This service fits a specific need point for certain collectors, and I think from our comments for and against each way, would be the "best" of the non big three grading companies. The other candidate I would put forward as the "4th best" would be KSA from here in Canada. Regional, not well know, same holders as Beckett, but price point is high and not worth it then to the original idea of slabbing for protection and personal keeps for life.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(04-13-2014, 09:17 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I think happys response in his edit was for nolan5000, not jacoby.

The thing is everyone here, including myself, have brought up points some of us we see as pros, but the exact same point would be a con to somebody else. If you know what you are getting and are fine with it for your own personal needs the discussion is moot. This service fits a specific need point for certain collectors, and I think from our comments for and against each way, would be the "best" of the non big three grading companies. The other candidate I would put forward as the "4th best" would be KSA from here in Canada. Regional, not well know, same holders as Beckett, but price point is high and not worth it then to the original idea of slabbing for protection and personal keeps for life.
last paragraph was quoting me (well, kind of quoting, since they are misspelled)

i dont have an issue with him. i guess he doesnt understand im a very friendly guy, warm and gooey, all unicorns and rainbows and stuff.

--------------------------

i actually have been very impressed with KSA - their cases, their grading, everything. if they werent so canada-centric, and i just wanted a case to protect my cards and a good honest grading (and not looking to resale), id rank them right there with PSA and BGS. For modern, only BGS is better. For vintage, i like them better than BGS

KSA is real quality stuff

(04-12-2014, 01:37 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I like the idea of protecting my PC as well- Sometimes I just want my cards protected, not graded. I want water proof, some UV protection, dust and air protection. I feel with what BGS charges it make no sense NOT to have the grade put on- The only reason I have held back on 200 hundred or so cards is that ridiculous fee because it autographed. Really-you don't authenticate the autograph (they do the card, someones kid my have signed it-we TRUST our card companies to do the right thing-I hope players do/did the right thing) and you charge me $2.00 more to say YOU like or don't like how it sits on the card. I feel most of us don't care if the auto is a little off the sticker or card as long as its neat, clear and steady. There is absolutely NO reason to charge for the autograph grade, NONE, NO WAY, NO VALID REASON, PERIOD other than greed. We should NOT be forced to have it graded. If and when BGS gets smart about that aspect of their service and drops the fee and makes it an option, I will have more cards protected.
I like your post enough to check into them (GMA). My cards are not taken out on Fridays and played with like a regular deck of cards so a little movements doesn't bother me at all as I always handle my cards carefully anyway. We don't have many earth quakes in Maryland moving my cards around in my safe and dinging them up so I should be good. My cards DO NOT just sit in my safe, they are displayed, handled and looked at--with respect--hence nobody in my home shakes the holders to see if the card moves 1/10 of an inch, even with that vast movement it takes a lot of moving to damage a card. Thanks for the insight to GMA.
I'm glad that you're going to take a look at them. They are really awesome as long as you know what you're getting. At 2 bucks a card, I'm more than willing to have them slab it. I think it's 1.75 if you.don't.want a grade so a little cheaper. If you decide to go with them let me know how it went. 5 day guarantee service is awesome too.
[Image: chrissale.jpg][/URL]

Obviously there is the ancient proverb: "You get what you pay for."

(04-16-2014, 12:35 AM)creativemunky Wrote: Obviously there is the ancient proverb: "You get what you pay for."
+5000 EXACTLY!!

-CC WIHPP
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Let me just state that I think BGS is the Best all around case protection & is the elite in grading !!!!!

I think GMA is waaaay to cheap of a concept business platform because with what they offer below can cause solvency in the grading market.....Once everyone jumps on the band wagon below they will be popping up all over ebay....

Taken from GMA website:

GMA provides a "grade your own" business option to where:

Grade Your Own: Option 1

You submit your cards to GMA Grading and we do the work for you. You grade your own cards and we create a logo for your company for your label. We do all the labeling for you in house with your grades and your information on the label. This can include serial numbers, a website, card details and grade. Because the company is yours, you will decide the grading scale that you prefer. To get started you will need to take the following steps.

Decide on a company name or logo design. (We can help you design a logo free of charge!)
Once you have decided email or call us and we can email you a form to fill out for grading details.
Fill out the form and send in your cards.
Minimum initial order is 500 cards. Each additional order after that has a 100 card minimum.
Pricing is $1.50 per card plus the return shipping fees. Jersey cards are $3.00 plus the return shipping fees.
Orders are normally processed within 5 business days from the day they are received.
Grade Your Own: Option 2

The second option we offer for the grade your own service is that you buy the holders and labels directly from us. We sell you the holders and you do the rest. You will need the proper equipment to seal the holders. For this option you will need a few things. Here is a list.

An Ultrasonic welder
A proper air compressor that will work with the welder of your choosing.
A flat horn that measures 3.5 inches by 6 inches.
Once you have obtained the equipment needed GMA Grading can supply you with the holders for encapsulation. Pricing is $1.00 per holder plus the return shipping. Jersey card, or thicker holders are $2.50 each plus shipping. Minimum order is 500 holders. Most orders are processed within 3 days from the day payment is received.

With both of these options you are fully responsible for the cards that are graded. GMA Grading will only label and encapsulate the cards based on your grades. Please make sure that you grade accurately and know how to tell real cards from counterfeits. GMA Grading will not be held responsible for any wrong doing.

Don't worry BGS I have about 200 premium cards I will sending to you soon Smile "You get what you pay for"
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards