`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will peyton manning break Brett Favre's record?

RE: Will peyton manning break Brett Favre's record?
(04-11-2014, 06:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you misspelled "colts"

seriously. most of those rules changes were imposed by irsay, some of which were fought by the pats

as far as td record and yards: if manning has two more years like last year, with all those weapons...i think he will
…. Ty law rule (not the manning rule as some would believe) Wink

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-10-2014, 08:13 PM)savagenate Wrote: I think he could break the yardage mark...I think he's a bit far from the TD record though. I think he's starting to decline...his passes lacked power at times, and lots of ducks...his wr's and TE really bailed him out at times taking away the ball from defenders. I just don't think he'll be able to throw enough, long enough.
Yeah, Manning sure had alot of trouble producing last year. Especially with Touchdown passes and passing yards.....

How did he do last year in those catagories? I cant remember. He is really slipping.

[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Barring another major injury, he will certainly break the TD record. Passing yardage would take two more good seasons, which is possible though far less certain.

As for the other major passing marks, probably not. For the simple reason that Peyton seems better prepared for life after football; I fully believe that whenever he feels he is not capable of performing at an All Pro level, he will retire. And (apologies to the Favre fans), once he retires he will stay retired.

As for the Brees follow-up that I saw, Drew is 3 years younger than Peyton and about 3 1/2 years' worth behind him in the yardage marks (almost 14k); he's over 20,000 yards behind Favre. I'd call that a long shot.

Dark horse candidates: Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco are both under 30 and well over 20,000 yards on their careers. If they can stay healthy and continue performing at their (hardly Herculean) levels, they could actually challenge 70k by the time they're done. And particularly in Flacco's case, 526 sacks is doable.

(04-10-2014, 08:13 PM)savagenate Wrote: I think he could break the yardage mark...I think he's a bit far from the TD record though. I think he's starting to decline...his passes lacked power at times, and lots of ducks...his wr's and TE really bailed him out at times taking away the ball from defenders. I just don't think he'll be able to throw enough, long enough.
are u talking eli manning? pretty sure peyton had 54-55 tds last year
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.