Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prospects to pick up

Prospects to pick up
Hello all,

I am quite new to baseball cards (I mostly deal in football and basketball cards) and am looking to pick up some prospects who look to be called up this year. I've been told to check out Archie Bradley, Sonny Gray, Taijuan Walker and Jake Marisnick.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

RE: Prospects to pick up
I have a marisnick auto. And I would suggest Buxton, Hamilton, Corey Seager

Thanks for the names! How do I know what are rookie years? I see may of these guys are in prospect products for 3 years or more! Taijuan Walker has autos in 2012, 2013 bowman sterling, plus his autos in this years products like pastime also carry the RC logo. Does that mean they all jump in value the same way?

Sorry for all the questions.

I you really want to 'prospect', a player's Bowman Chrome autographed card is the one to get, as it's their first auto in an MLB uniform, even though sometimes a guy won't get to the majors until a few years after that card comes out (which is when they get an RC). If you're looking for value jump, that'll be the one that jumps the most. As we saw with Trout when he blew up, all his autos went up, but none as much as his Bowman Chrome auto, which now sells for a thousand bucks for the base auto.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Thanks roger rabbit for the response! One last question. Would that mean that his bowman sterling, or other autos are not that valuable or just not as valuable as bowman chrome?

(04-09-2014, 11:41 PM)ndevoy Wrote: Thanks roger rabbit for the response! One last question. Would that mean that his bowman sterling, or other autos are not that valuable or just not as valuable as bowman chrome?
The others are decent alternatives if Chrome can get expensive but 1st Bowman Chrome Auto is THE card to have of someone 99.9% of the time.

Some of the players mentioned previously are great prospects and are already pretty pricy. You might want to try to find someone who is being overlooked but has potential and buy up some of his chrome autos. Read up on some prospect stuff online and then make your decision.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Bowman chrome isn't always the first auto in MLB uni. Take Taijuan Walker. He has a 2013 Bowman Chrome auto, but he has a 2010 Bowman Sterling auto which pictures him in MLB uni

[Image: scan0007_zps6f3880a5.jpg]

[Image: scan0006_zpsa624edae.jpg]
Looking for Mike Trout SP and #'d, dead HOF Jersey cards and star/HOF autos/relics.

Pics of available cards

I would wait 10 years, then go back and buy. prospecting is just hoping someone makes it big ,while throwing money down the drain. I would invest in retired mlb stars rookies. you can pick them up for a fraction of there bv
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(04-11-2014, 04:29 PM)CatdaddysCards Wrote: Bowman chrome isn't always the first auto in MLB uni. Take Taijuan Walker. He has a 2013 Bowman Chrome auto, but he has a 2010 Bowman Sterling auto which pictures him in MLB uni

[Image: scan0007_zps6f3880a5.jpg]

[Image: scan0006_zpsa624edae.jpg]
Thats true but the Bowman Chrome is still the superior card despite Sterling being earlier. Sterling is a sticker too
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Thanks for all the responses! I am curious though. Is there a major difference on value between a 2nd or 3rd year rookie card? Given that Taijuan Walker has been mentioned already I'll stick with him. I see he has a 2012 Bowman Sterling and a 2013 Bowman Sterling rookie auto. The current 2014 products also currently list him as a rookie. What is the difference between all these sets in a value sense? Will one set see a higher raise than any other, not including bowman chrome?

Thanks again for all the help and responses!