`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail Mix Pack/Jersey Box

Retail Mix Pack/Jersey Box
KMart had some if those mixed pack boxes on sale for $12. It guaranteed 2 jersey card sets, which I usually ignored but for $12, why not! The range of packs was fun to break. '88-'08 were the years included.
Not bad!

First my notable cards:
88 Topps Brett and a Gooden AS
93 O-Pee-Chee Gold Star Performers Kenny Loften
94 Ultra League Leaders Randy Johnson
07 Topps Mantle HR card (HR 476)

And my jersey card sets were actually pretty good! A HOFer and former ROY/AS!

Frank Thomas and Tim Salmon
[Image: 20140409_193626_zpsa288d607.jpg]

[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

RE: Retail Mix Pack/Jersey Box
It is sad looking back to the early years when they were doing jerseys because they are smaller than the area of a dice!
Looking for all Notre Dame players including Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate, Kyle Mc
cARthy, Sam Young, Brady Quinn, and John Carlson

I have a few of those. They're aftermarket Jersey Cards, not from a major card company ... Not Donruss. It's a sleeve card holder, with a 80-90s card and allegedly a patch/swatch worn by that player. The wording on the back is interesting. "The enclosed piece of jersey was cut from an authentic jersey from the player pictured on the front. ... Obtained from a trading card manufacturer or the secondary market"
Seems fairly noncommittal to me Smile but they're fun to have ... I have Sosa, McGwire, A-rod and Maddux
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have one of Mantle, but I always new it was a fake...oh well

(04-11-2014, 02:53 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I have a few of those. They're aftermarket Jersey Cards, not from a major card company ... Not Donruss. It's a sleeve card holder, with a 80-90s card and allegedly a patch/swatch worn by that player. The wording on the back is interesting. "The enclosed piece of jersey was cut from an authentic jersey from the player pictured on the front. ... Obtained from a trading card manufacturer or the secondary market"
Seems fairly noncommittal to me Smile but they're fun to have ... I have Sosa, McGwire, A-rod and Maddux
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

My wife got me a football back a few years ago, I got a John Elway and the jersey was a dolphins jersey..lol
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]