Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
96-97 Mystery Finest Patrick Ewing

96-97 Mystery Finest Patrick Ewing
Hey guys,

New to the board. Collected bball growing up, now I'm selling everything off except for my Patrick Ewing cards.

My favorite card is the 96-97 Topps Mystery Finest, specifically the refractors. I know there is a lot of confusion around the "super team" variation, but I'm confused on the labeling of the refractors.

I have the "super team" bordered refractor that is labeled refractor below the M17 card number on the back of the card.

I have the "non-super team" borderless refractor version that is labeled refractor below the M17 card number on the back of the card.

I just purchased the "non-super team" bordered refractor version that is NOT labeled refractor on the back of the card, but comparing it to the base version, it has a noticeable rainbow finish that you expect to see on refractors.

Anybody notice this and know what the deal is? Thanks!

RE: 96-97 Mystery Finest Patrick Ewing
All i can think of is a printing error.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

did you look on the online price guides? find the specific card, then there should be a link for the set. often for these 90s sets they have a blurb explaining various inserts and misprints and such.

(04-09-2014, 10:23 PM)hercules21 Wrote: did you look on the online price guides? find the specific card, then there should be a link for the set. often for these 90s sets they have a blurb explaining various inserts and misprints and such.

I did check on the online price guides and only saw the four variations listed. Didn't see any mention of a misprint. So I'm confused, ha.

maybe a link to the pictures? I collect ewing refractors so you got me curious. I got a few rare issues but Im looking for oddballs.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

(04-10-2014, 10:34 PM)xarzy Wrote: maybe a link to the pictures? I collect ewing refractors so you got me curious. I got a few rare issues but Im looking for oddballs.
Let me know if this pics don't work.

Pic#1 (img50) is the "non super team" refractor next to the base version. You can see the colors on the left card are different than the base version.

Pic#2 (img51) is the back of both the "super team" refractor that is labeled refractor and the "non super team" refractor which is not labeled.

I had trouble embedded the pictures into the post because of the size, that is why I converted them to PDF. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Attached Files
.pdf   img050.pdf (Size: 213.16 KB / Downloads: 17)
.pdf   img051.pdf (Size: 196.21 KB / Downloads: 11)

(04-10-2014, 10:34 PM)xarzy Wrote: maybe a link to the pictures? I collect ewing refractors so you got me curious. I got a few rare issues but Im looking for oddballs.
Do you have the Mystery Finest non-super team? Does yours state refractor on the back?