`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Shaq's Real Autograph?

Shaq's Real Autograph?
Hey folks, I used to be part of Shaq's fan club from 1995 to about 1999 and have a whole bunch of newsletters from it. I framed this acceptance picture they sent me because I thought it was indeed Shaq's autograph(when I was about 10 years old I thought that ha). So, I am just wondering if something like this has any value and if it is known if it is a real autograph?
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Shaq's Real Autograph?
Auto looks legit, here's few autos I found that look very close to what you have. His auto does change when he signs on card vs Ball or other items. Not sure about the market for this type of item but you can always throw it up on eBay and post it on various forums to see what people offer on it.

[Image: shaqauto_zpsabe4eb7f.jpg]

[Image: shaqauto2_zps31fcaf2a.jpg]

[Image: Scan_Pic0005_zps660bfffc.jpg]

how many people did they accept into this fan club?

Thank you both for the replies. I'm not sure how many they accepted, I used to write athletes when I was a kid trying to get them to sign cards and reply to my questions- in this case, instead of my card being sent back to me I was put into the Shaq fan club, which his cool mother ran. In fact the only time I got a card back it was from Vin Baker and it was literally a stamped autograph(which is still cool!)

(04-09-2014, 11:36 PM)lostviking Wrote: Thank you both for the replies. I'm not sure how many they accepted, I used to write athletes when I was a kid trying to get them to sign cards and reply to my questions- in this case, instead of my card being sent back to me I was put into the Shaq fan club, which his cool mother ran. In fact the only time I got a card back it was from Vin Baker and it was literally a stamped autograph(which is still cool!)
oh the struggle of through-the-mail autos... I imagine it must have been even harder back in the day without internet to look up stuff quickly

That auto could be just a facsimile of his auto so that he just has someone write out a letter to each fan on paper with his signature already on it or possibly stamped on. I would be greatly surprised if is hand signed.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Thanks.
We'll the thing that is convincing to me is that the signature overlaps some of the lettering on the letter(which is some sort of nice cardboard btw) and the pen work is solid, no "pixelation" if that makes sense ha.