IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange patch

Strange patch
Does this look weird to anyone else?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Topps-Chrom...2518.l4276

What part of the jersey would this be from?
My first thought was that it said "dodgers" but that would be even stranger.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: Strange patch
if it is real: it is some kinf of commemorative patch

(and it wouldnt be strange if it came from a dodgers uni, as topps always put old jerseys of player with new team photos)
dont see anything on mets patches from 2000-2004 that matches up. so maybe dodgers, or all-star
not an all-star game patch eother

Personally, I'd look at cards from the same set and see if there is anything similar...

Topps will use anything for the "GU" label... Including florescent orange crossing guard pennies, that someone used to walk Piazza's kids across the street one day to allow his kids to get to school safely, and therefor allow him to play a professional baseball game. Maybe this was from an "American Crossing Guards" jersey?

It does look suspicious. And I wouldn't pay too much of a premium over what a non-5-color would ask for.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

i know i recognize that patch from somewhere

It appears legit, just unusual. A bit out of my price range for a standard GU, it just popped up on my eBay homescreen today and I thought I'd get some thoughts.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Looks like a piece of a World Series patch..
no org, please do not send trade requests

(04-08-2014, 06:27 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: Looks like a piece of a World Series patch..
thats what i was leaning to, but i checked my patch site, and it doesnt match any world series

2001 World Series Patch. 'ERI' from SERIES
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

you have bingo

but that is problematic: 2001 was dbacks and yanks, teams piazza didnt play for (which is why i ddnt look at that patch)

since it is 2001, the card is absolutely...FAKE

No other card like that has anything other than either a piece of a uniform or bat veneer. Seller doesn't describe the card & looks scuffed on the surface.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered