`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange patch

RE: Strange patch
Interesting. Very good detective work gentlemen (esp drMitch! and...Jacoby...and everyone else)
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-08-2014, 10:58 PM)tate31nym Wrote: Interesting. Very good detective work gentlemen (esp Jacoby)
Umm, thanks ... I originally looked at the 2000 patch (subway series) but not even close. Then was looking at NL divisional series patches ... Nada. Looked at 2001 and saw a perfect match, but figured, maybe Piazza was at the game as a spectator wearing a hat with that patch .... So it was Game Used Smile not likely. More likely a bad Topps screw up. I own one ...Ubaldo Jimenez GU bat, jersey, patch ... Except it was an Oakland patch (unless that year's All-Star game was played in Oakland Smile ) I don't suspect it being fake, just a screw up.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm not sure why anyone would go to the effort of faking a patch on what's probably a ten dollar card - though I guess if someone bites his $50 BIN then it might be worth it. Or I suppose if I were super fond of oddballs. I have to double check my collection, my org showed that I didn't need this card, but it didn't show it in my inventory - something I usually do when a card is in transit. Might have just never marked it into my inventory which would be a super oops. Time to audit.

Still interesting though.
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-08-2014, 10:58 PM)tate31nym Wrote: Interesting. Very good detective work gentlemen (esp Jacoby)
give dr mitch full credit on this...he found the patch

i just found a lot of stuff it couldnt be....lol

Sorry I meant to correct that before. thanks Mitch!

(04-09-2014, 07:49 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: give dr mitch full credit on this...he found the patch
i just found a lot of stuff it couldnt be....lol
It's not all that important, in the great scheme of things. At least it was discovered that its the wrong patch. Smile Topps makes an error .... Not the first time, won't be the last Smile

BTW: Josh, your new signature is awesome. Photoshop or did they actually display that at Fenway? Either way, very cool! I know that when I proposed to my wife at Yankee Stadium, I had to jump thru hoops to get it on the jumbotron, but I did get them to do it!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-09-2014, 08:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's not all that important, in the great scheme of things. At least it was discovered that its the wrong patch. Smile Topps makes an error .... Not the first time, won't be the last Smile

BTW: Josh, your new signature is awesome. Photoshop or did they actually display that at Fenway? Either way, very cool! I know that when I proposed to my wife at Yankee Stadium, I had to jump thru hoops to get it on the jumbotron, but I did get them to do it!
i dont have photoshop, but i have mad MS Paint skillz (skillz with a z *crosses arms*)

took the picture at opening day this year, then just messed with it

(04-09-2014, 09:04 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i dont have photoshop, but i have mad MS Paint skillz (skillz with a z *crosses arms*)
took the picture at opening day this year, then just messed with it
Its not the tool, its the artist! came out Cool!
Your Skillz are dope, boy-eeeee! (Wearing a huge clock on a chain around my neck!) Smile FlavaFlav is about as urban as I can get Smile