`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LBJ or KD in the long term

LBJ or KD in the long term
If you can own one Chrome refractor rookie who you rather have, Lebron James or Kevin Durant?

RE: LBJ or KD in the long term
LBJ - hands down.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I'm gonna say LeBron.

Lebron. Kd is awesome, but lebron will be an all time great.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

LeBron is the better investment.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-08-2014, 05:00 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: LeBron is the better investment.
Lebron but durant isnt far behind

What would happen if Miami was to have an early exit in this years playoffs and OKC goes deep or even wins it all?

Things could change quickly just because of hype swings in the market and this years playoffs/finals could dictate huge market change....

So I'd say while LeBron's cards are reasonably safe, there is a chance Durant's cards could peak at all time highs even surpassing LeBron's current market price(in a hype swing)....

It all hinges on what happens in the playoffs/finals, I'm predicting that LeBron will have a melt down....
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

LeBron James' handlers have turned him into a marketable caricature. His RC will hold value longer no matter what happens.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Lebron's card has less to gain than Durant's card. Lebron's rookie cards have been on the market for twice as long as Durant's rookies. Lebron has already won a couple championships, so it would take several more for his cards to get any big boost in value. Sure another championship would push the values up a little, but not nearly as much as the boost that Durant's rookies would get if he won a championship. The counter to that is that if Durant never wins a championship and stays with a small market team like the Thunder then his cards have more to lose in value, as Lebron has already proven himself a champion and has played for a big market team in Miami, so there will always be demand for his rookies. So it simply comes down to this...
Lebron is low risk, low reward
Durant is high risk, high reward

So it really just depends on how you like to invest as to which one is the better card for the long run.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I ended up picking up both since i like both of them. The biggest hit was my wallet.