`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
W: eBay buying thoughts

RE: W: eBay buying thoughts
(04-07-2014, 09:25 AM)savagenate Wrote: When do we get a pic?!
I'll take some scans tonight when I get home Smile My phone doesn't take all that great of pictures of cards. I've got a certain Lacy I'll be posting too Smile

(04-07-2014, 09:43 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I'll take some scans tonight when I get home Smile My phone doesn't take all that great of pictures of cards. I've got a certain Lacy I'll be posting too Smile
Haha, sounds good...what do you use to take your pictures?

(04-07-2014, 09:45 AM)savagenate Wrote: Haha, sounds good...what do you use to take your pictures?
I have an old scanner that I use for the stuff I have been posting. I haven't used the printer portion of it in almost 5 years, but the scanner works well enough lol

(04-04-2014, 12:42 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Two questions here for you on your thoughts on what you would do.

First question:
I bought an eBay lot for 3 cards. 2 were Dorsey Levens autographs (one booking for around 50 bucks) and 1 Ahman Green jersey card. I really don't care much about the jersey card (~ 8 bucks), the reason I bought the lot was for the 2 autos. Now, I knew he was going to send PWE since the shipping was marked at .50. So, I almost expected that the jersey card would be creased, but for the price of the lot, getting the two autos was worth possibly having a creased card. Anyhow, got them today, and the jersey card was creased up, but the two autos are ok. Would you give positive feedback when you knew that the jersey card was probably going to get bent up, and bought it anyway since you wanted the autos? I'm thinking that I will, but thoughts would help me decide.

Second question:
I got an absolute deal on a 2012 Prizm Jordy Nelson Gold (IMO) the other day. Now, the guy had shipping at 16.50 marked as "overnight", and that the card would be shipped within 2 days of the end of the auction. I won that over a week ago, and it was sent out on the 31st. The tracking still has it marked as en route.... Anyhow, the PO screwing up aside, if I get this sometime in the near future, I'll still be happy, since I definitely needed it for my 2012 Prizm rainbow, but would I ding in the ratings shipping time and/or cost since the auction ended on the 24th of March and it's still not here yet? Do I leave a neutral? I don't think it warrants a negative (since I will still be happy just to get it for the price I paid), but I've not had an experience where it wasn't a clear cut positive or negative experience.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.
The buyer is required to get your cards to you in the same shape they sold them in, even if they ship them by pigeon and you agree. I wouldn't be happy. I'd let him know the situation before I left any feedback. I usually leave no feedback before I leave bad. He'd really have to piss me off to do that.

On the second, why in the world would you pay 16.50 for overnight shipping if he's going to take a couple of days to ship the item?
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(04-07-2014, 10:15 AM)mkufta Wrote: The buyer is required to get your cards to you in the same shape they sold them in, even if they ship them by pigeon and you agree. I wouldn't be happy. I'd let him know the situation before I left any feedback. I usually leave no feedback before I leave bad. He'd really have to piss me off to do that.

On the second, why in the world would you pay 16.50 for overnight shipping if he's going to take a couple of days to ship the item?
Well, it said it would hit the mail within 2 business days. I figured if he got it out in 1 day, and it was overnight, I'd have it in 2 days total. Most stuff I get off the bay takes between 3 and 6 days total. Of course, that didn't happen, so I'm not happy with the speed of the shipping at all, but even with the 16 bucks for overnight shipping, I still paid way less than I was willing to, and I still got it. The last time I saw a 2012 Gold Prizm Jordy Nelson it sold for almost 70, so getting it for 25 including the 16.50 shipping was getting a really good deal on it. I guess I'm of the mind that since I would have paid a lot more for it from someone else had they had one, and all I had to do was deal with a delay (even if I paid more for shipping), I'm still coming out ahead.

(04-07-2014, 10:27 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, it said it would hit the mail within 2 business days. I figured if he got it out in 1 day, and it was overnight, I'd have it in 2 days total. Most stuff I get off the bay takes between 3 and 6 days total. Of course, that didn't happen, so I'm not happy with the speed of the shipping at all, but even with the 16 bucks for overnight shipping, I still paid way less than I was willing to, and I still got it. The last time I saw a 2012 Gold Prizm Jordy Nelson it sold for almost 70, so getting it for 25 including the 16.50 shipping was getting a really good deal on it. I guess I'm of the mind that since I would have paid a lot more for it from someone else had they had one, and all I had to do was deal with a delay (even if I paid more for shipping), I'm still coming out ahead.
Yes I see your point there and agree with you. I'm going to guess that he selected overnight by accident and eBay filled in the charge and he shipped it regular mail. That's unless the tracking tells you it was express.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com