`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
4/3/14 Mail day- All the way from Hong Kong

4/3/14 Mail day- All the way from Hong Kong

I grabbed this from the bay on 3/25/14 and it came in the mail from Hong Kong today. This is the first international item that I Have received from eBay.

I actually want to also take a moment and thank TBarn who gave me the low down on how the international buying process work on the popular auction site. THank you man!!!

Actually, it isn't this card but this was in the envelope as a bonus which I found very thoughtful...
[Image: IMG_NEW_zpsca7a2c5a.jpg]

THIS is the one.

[Image: IMG_NEW_0001_zpsec07e887.jpg]
[Image: IMG_NEW_0002_zps1160c40f.jpg]

Pretty happy about the additions.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: 4/3/14 Mail day- All the way from Hong Kong
Sick!!!! I was hesitant at buying international stuff over a year ago but realized if I just bought from the U.S. I would miss out on a lot of cards. It is a huge market overseas in Asia and Australia.

NICE! Eat your lucky charms cause it's time to taste the rainbow!

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences buying internationally on the auction site. Once I bough a card (Zo Crusade 1/1 auto) privately through a shop that I hunted down through a post on another forum. That was sketchy, and I really had to do my research before agreeing to the transaction. The auction site though provides so many buyer protections that I am confident using it with sellers that have strong feedback. My Bass 1/1 Mosaic was bought through an international dealer.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Sweet! Congratulations! I have never had a problem with sellers in Hong Kong! I have gotten some nice cards, at good prices internationally. Believe it or not most of my past problems have been with sellers out of Canada.
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

You guys are awesome!. I am typically afraid of trying a lot of "new" things so going out of the US market was odd for me. TBarn helped me out letting me know about the protections that the auction site afford. I am happy that I went for this one.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

New cards you're typically fine. I would be very cautious, though, with anything that would require authentication as the shipping time combined with turnaround on the authentication will almost surely guarantee you are out of eBay's protection window. I just had my first bad experience with an 'Unable to authenticate' from Australia-- the shipping time and combined turnaround from JSA to Beckett put me well outside the window and out a sizeable chunk of change. Now I find a show with on-site authentication for everything. Out of several dozen transactions, though, that's the first one, and I've never had a problem from China, HK or Taiwan.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

Glad I was able to help man. That is a beautiful piece. It's good you decided to go for it. I don't think twice about where an auction is located anymore. As much business as I do on ebay, well at least since 2010, I have had maybe 5 issues with overseas sellers. All of which were resolved, either by the seller, or ebay/paypal refunding me my money. As long as you can deal with a little extra wait time there is no reason not to by cards from overseas. IMO.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]