`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING: Email scam using USPS

WARNING: Email scam using USPS
Just wanted to let y'all know I was just nearly the victim of an email scam that claimed that USPS had tried to deliver me a package last Tuesday, but that I was not here to sign for it. It claims you have to click and print of a label and take to your nearest Post Office. I was a little suspicious for two reasons, 1) I was home that whole day & 2) the email came just after midnight.

Luckily, my desktop is down and I cannot get my printer/scanner to work properly through my laptop, so I didn't click on it. But I know the ladies up at the Post Office pretty well and thought I'd just go up and ask for the package. They let me know this scam has come back recently and if you open it up to print off the label, you'll open a virus. Whew! Glad I can't use my printer right now!

Anyhow, like myself, I'm sure many of you are getting packages all the time, so it wouldn't seem so suspicious to us. But please be careful and on the lookout for this!

Take Care, friends,
Jason
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: WARNING: Email scam using USPS
Thank you for the info.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

Thanks for the heads up.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Thanks for the info, Jason. I will be sure to pass this info on to others, especially my mother. She is a mail carrier with 20+ years at USPS. She is also a local steward for the National Rural Letter Carriers Association (NRLCA). She can let her superiors and all her fellow carriers (and her customers) know about this.
Can you send me more info? PLZ PM me about this. I would especially like the email addy they sent it from (if you have it still), but DO NOT 'copy and paste' it. PLZ type it out so I can pass this info on to others. Anyway, LMK.

(04-02-2014, 01:18 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Thanks for the info, Jason. I will be sure to pass this info on to others, especially my mother. She is a mail carrier with 20+ years at USPS. She is also a local steward for the National Rural Letter Carriers Association (NRLCA). She can let her superiors and all her fellow carriers (and her customers) know about this.
Can you send me more info? PLZ PM me about this. I would especially like the email addy they sent it from (if you have it still), but DO NOT 'copy and paste' it. PLZ type it out so I can pass this info on to others. Anyway, LMK.
Will do, Adam. I'll get that to you today.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports