`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALUMNI Legends of Basketball Show - Rodman Payton Baker

ALUMNI Legends of Basketball Show - Rodman Payton Baker
Today I went to see this "Legends of Basketball" show here in my country. I thought some of you might like to see some pics.

[Image: ALUMNI1_zpsf29679d0.jpg]

[Image: ALUMNI2_zps0ca574fb.jpg]

[Image: ALUMNI3_zps1cb0fd4e.jpg]

[Image: ALUMNI4_zps59f91b3b.jpg]

RE: ALUMNI Legends of Basketball Show - Rodman Payton Baker
Man, that is super cool. I was too young to go see Payton when he played for the Sonics (I was in middle school). The pics are awesome and that is very cool you got to see those players all together. I am however a little concerned on Rodman's hair. Haha it is interesting to say the least.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(03-30-2014, 01:14 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Man, that is super cool. I was too young to go see Payton when he played for the Sonics (I was in middle school). The pics are awesome and that is very cool you got to see those players all together. I am however a little concerned on Rodman's hair. Haha it is interesting to say the least.
I kid you not his hair had its own entourage. Wish I had gotten a good picture of his hair people.
And I was excited to see Payton too. I was young in a different country myself. I wanted to see if I could get one of his cards autographed but he wasn't signing when I saw him.
I did get these.

[Image: b80c7b1a-43ef-4e26-9ab3-394d913ffc62_zpsb17d368b.jpg]

Wow man, that makes the experience even better! Two autos from Rodman is amazing! Putting aside that you got two autographs, the simple fact of being that close to a HOF player is unbelievable!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

ahhh man you got auto's from Dennis Rodman?!! no me lo puedo creer!! enhorabuena!!!

(03-30-2014, 07:59 AM)folkertino Wrote: ahhh man you got auto's from Dennis Rodman?!! no me lo puedo creer!! enhorabuena!!!
I was actually aiming for Payton. I really wanted an autograph from The Glove and he had been signing stuff during the event. Sadly he chose to go directly to his vehicle and not stop.
Also almost everybody was waiting for Dennis Rodman so I thought it was going to very difficult. But even while security was telling him he could continue walking he stopped to sign some autographs and I was lucky enough to be there. Yo tampoco lo podía creer!

(03-30-2014, 01:27 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Wow man, that makes the experience even better! Two autos from Rodman is amazing! Putting aside that you got two autographs, the simple fact of being that close to a HOF player is unbelievable!
I agree. Just to be able to see two HOFs in person is unbelievable. I never thought they would come here. And for me as an international viewer (and maybe some of the other international members can tell me if they agree with me), they are some of the faces that started to make the league more well known here.

On a side note, I was really surprised by his autograph. I was expecting a signature like the ones I see on cards (almost like two initials) and these look really different.

And I realize now I didn't mention anything about the show. Maybe because I feel it could have been better in so many levels. I realize their age and I wasn't expecting miracles when it comes to what they can do. But Rodman was in bad shape and even then there are ways of planning around that. So many things felt last minute. I still feel good I went to see them but It was bittersweet.

HOW MANY EX NBA GUYS WERE PLAYING JUST BAKER, RODMAN AND PAYTON?
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(03-30-2014, 11:32 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: HOW MANY EX NBA GUYS WERE PLAYING JUST BAKER, RODMAN AND PAYTON?
Charles Smith and Tony Campbell were also there. Jason Williams was announced but I didn't see him.
Then street ballers and dunkers and some former players from our league.

That looks like Sprewell in the 3rd pic (far back in the middle).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]