`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A moral question

RE: A moral question
I wouldn't do it, it is just wrong. To say that everyone does it, is total BS. I have never done it, nor would I do it. My name is more important than cardboard. I would put the price that you want on the card and hope you get it. I honestly would be very upset if someone sent me a card knowing it is messed up and they were ok with it. Honesty is the right thing to do.
(03-28-2014, 11:01 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: can i sleep at night?....probably yes....is it wrong?...yes... but everyone does it bro.....nature of the beast
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

Break it out and send it back in again. Eventually you'll get the grade you want. Even 1/1's will vary with re-grades.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

this right here is why you sub with minimum grade 9.5/10 if it doesnt grade you get it back raw and sell it.

(03-28-2014, 10:52 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Let's assume you submitted a card to BGS and it received a not so great grade. Is it then ok to crack it open and sell it on ebay while stating the card is in near mint condition?
I believe I have submitted around 1500 cards, so hears what I think.

I would say yes it would be wrong to state that a card is in a better condition then what a professional grader stated.

Is it wrong to crack cards out of the case and resell them in raw condition? I don't think so. I'm the one paying for the service, and if it doesn't make it in the pc then I need to try to recoup some $. Also not everybody wants to own graded cards. I sub for my personal collection, not to resell and make money.

(04-10-2014, 10:13 AM)scammerpolice Wrote: this right here is why you sub with minimum grade 9.5/10 if it doesnt grade you get it back raw and sell it.
As a BGS PC collector I don't always care that they receive a 9.5/10, but I do want to own the highest grade of that card. Not sure how many cards you have personally sent in for grading, but if you do it the way you have stated. Be prepared to get back a lot of raw cards.

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

im 100% of subbed cards new to to grading but 1/1 2012 playbok demarcus ware green/5 3 9.5's and a 9 on edges i just sent the 1/1 to an official beckett group submitter to be graded should look nice BGS 9.5/10 or better

(04-10-2014, 12:07 PM)scammerpolice Wrote: im 100% of subbed cards new to to grading but 1/1 2012 playbok demarcus ware green/5 3 9.5's and a 9 on edges i just sent the 1/1 to an official beckett group submitter to be graded should look nice BGS 9.5/10 or better
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.

I just took about 30 mins of my life to make my post. Could you try and slow down and read over your text before posting?

John

im...new...to...grading....but...i...am...100%....for....cards....subbed....my....demarcus....ware....play-book...auto..../5....got...9.5/10...with...3.....9.5s....and....a....9....i...just....sent...another....card...to...grading...a.....1/1....auto....of....demarcus....ware...from...the....same....set....it'll....look....nice...graded....9.5/10.....or....better...

(04-10-2014, 10:13 AM)scammerpolice Wrote: this right here is why you sub with minimum grade 9.5/10 if it doesnt grade you get it back raw and sell it.
Its the same thing ... wether you get it back and crack it or you dont get it slabbed in the first place because of a poor grade

now do you put the grades in your auction when you go to resell it? that is the moral question

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

A raw card is a raw card. If I buy raw I expect bgs 8 if I graded 9.5/10 min and it didn't grade I wouldn't list that solely because 9=mint. And it could've graded 9/10

(04-10-2014, 12:39 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Its the same thing ... wether you get it back and crack it or you dont get it slabbed in the first place because of a poor grade

now do you put the grades in your auction when you go to resell it? that is the moral question
I got a tip a few years ago from a very experienced BGS subber and seller. Not to put any condition in my auctions. Condition is an opinion, and everyone's is different. I am happy to say that if I had a complaint on the condition of a card I would do whatever the customer wanted to make them happy. So far I have never had a return.

If you want to know the condition of a card send it off to be graded. That's what I have to do. I paid for the service, so can you.

John