`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 boxes of 2014 Heritage and 1 Hobby Topps Series 1 (pictures added)

2 boxes of 2014 Heritage and 1 Hobby Topps Series 1 (pictures added)
I can't really decide which box was the worst of the three.
They all stunk so badly.
Heritage:
First, I didn't get one auto ... that in and of itself is pretty stinky.
Second, I got the 2 worst boxtoppers in Heritage. The original card and Advertising panel. Terrific. As far as SP cards, 8 in each box, 1 action sp in each, 2 chrome /999 and 1 chrome /565 per box. All in all, nothing great and I probably will do better with retail. And since I like putting the set together, at least I have lots of base to play with.

Topps Series 1:
Another relic! Nothing special. Nothing to write home about. I thought I'd do a little better. Oh well. Topps is back to being the worst crapshoot. Oh well.

Nothing to really post here, but might feel up to it later .... and only if you want to see boring cards that are totally lackluster.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2 boxes of 2014 Heritage and 1 Hobby Topps Series 1
Sorry you crapped out DrM.J .... I would suggest going after older cards between 2001 and 2010 it's not as new but the odds were a lot better Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

I'm gonna try and post some pics this evening .... Mostly everything is going to be for trade. I need me some Yankees! Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-22-2014, 05:43 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm gonna try and post some pics this evening .... Mostly everything is going to be for trade. I need me some Yankees! Smile
I pulled a few Yankees SPs, Refs, and a Nova GU if you are interested in trading for them. Pull any Phillies?
[Image: yankeeslot001_zps279e547b.jpg]

I guess Phillies are a commodity ... I got nothing.
Here are my hits from my first box:
[Image: null_zps0a361e3d.jpg]

Which I thought was pretty dull .... Until I got my next box .... Slightly more dull, if possible.m
[Image: null_zps0156e1b9.jpg]

No phillies. The Action SP cards are good. Can't really complain about Harper or Darvish. And the Verlander GU is at least the /99 version. As soon as my local Targét gets their blasters, I'll let you know if I pull anything trade-able.

RE: 2 boxes of 2014 Heritage and 1 Hobby Topps Series 1 (pictures added)
PM sent

You didn't do as bad as you think
The /99 relics aren't easy pulls and you got a darvish and Harper action, that's not bad at all

Don't feel bad though my two boxes were very much like this, I got an action sp in each I guess that's normal this year

I agree with Rentzington. It wasn't as bad as you thought. Breaks seem to be all or nothing, not alot of middle ground seemingly. That's why I am wondering why I have the itch to buy another case Smile

Is the Verlander for trade?

(03-23-2014, 03:36 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: And the Verlander GU is at least the /99 version.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Hey DrM...to each his own, but I myself would have been very happy with your boxes. Putting aside my adversion to relics...at least you hit two with some value, the Harper and Darvish are probably two of the most sought after and the Piersall is just flat out awesome! (really great character study and very good player.....looks like alot of Angel cards are in the toploaders). Not a homerun, but as you are putting the set together, some nice bait for that and geeting some Yankees. Thanks for sharing!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.