`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ernie Banks Mailday! Pics w/ a quick back story

Ernie Banks Mailday! Pics w/ a quick back story
If anyone is curious about my Ernie Banks collection, the reason I started it is this. Back in 1999, at All Star FanFest in Boston I was waiting in line for autographs. If anyone has ever been to one, it is a long wait. Anyways, Im waiting with a buddy of mine and Ernie Banks walks right up to us. No one recognizes exactly who he is besides me. He chatted with us for a minute or 2 then made his way to the Autograph area. Pretty neat to spend a few minutes with him. They cycled in groups of 4. He was in the group before with Yaz. I ended up with Dale Murphy, Rollie Fingers, Bernie Carbo and Luis Aparicio.

[Image: 20140319_152343_zpss94cf9cn.jpg]

1955 and 1956 Topps
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

RE: Ernie Banks Mailday! Pics w/ a quick back story
Great back story! I've always heard he was a class act and nice pick ups.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Nice story and pickups! Never have met him, maybe one day.
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

Sweet Pickups! Nice story. Didn't we trade a long time ago? Love to see the auto you got from it.

Did we trade a banks auto? I didn't get a banks auto that day unfortunately. Didnt feel the need to ask after a quick chat. I did get a ball from ernie banks.net last week that is awesome. Next month I should be getting a jersey.
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Very cool. We traded some basketball cards a few years ago. I believe it was garnett and somebody.

Ahh yes we did. Were probably due for another! Ill look at your stuff tonight.

Any spare banks cards out there?