Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Need help with a card!!!!

Need help with a card!!!!
Hi,

I was going through my set of Pacific League Senior League card set I got back in 89-90 and I noticed that one card "Bobby Bonds" has no name on it at the bottom of the card like all the rest. I had to look at the back to find out who it was. All other cards have the players name on the bottom but this one and everywhere I look on the internet it shows the same card BUT with the name printed on it. I can not find this one anywhere, could it be an error card? and how do I find out the value?

Please help !

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need help with a card!!!!
it's just a misprint, considered a flawed card. it isnt an error, and doesnt hold additional value

(03-16-2014, 08:07 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's just a misprint, considered a flawed card. it isnt an error, and doesnt hold additional value
+1
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I defer to your more extensive knowledge, but is it not similar to the Frank Thomas no name card Topps had? Does the card brand or player play a part in its significance then? Just wondering. I really have no idea about the particulars.

(03-16-2014, 08:07 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's just a misprint, considered a flawed card. it isnt an error, and doesnt hold additional value
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(03-16-2014, 11:06 PM)sfreinker Wrote: I defer to your more extensive knowledge, but is it not similar to the Frank Thomas no name card Topps had? Does the card brand or player play a part in its significance then? Just wondering. I really have no idea about the particulars.
I'm guessing because it is a widely recognized and acknowledged error by the card company which makes it "official" in a sense.

The fact that it is a HOF rookie card doesn't hurt either.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

That makes sense. I know not all error cards, misprints and the like have any effect on the value of the cards. Thanks!

(03-16-2014, 11:09 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I'm guessing because it is a widely recognized and acknowledged error by the card company which makes it "official" in a sense.

The fact that it is a HOF rookie card doesn't hurt either.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(03-16-2014, 11:06 PM)sfreinker Wrote: I defer to your more extensive knowledge, but is it not similar to the Frank Thomas no name card Topps had? Does the card brand or player play a part in its significance then? Just wondering. I really have no idea about the particulars.
similar mistake, kind of. the difference being:

an error card must meet the following requirements

1. there must be a known quantity - or at least a rough estimate - of print run for each variation.

2. the error should be something that was purposefully corrected, not just something that screwed up in the process

3. it must be recognized by the hobby

the 1990 frank thomas error: print screwed up, figured out what they did, corrected it. they know more or less how much exists of each variation. and it has been recognized as such by the hobby in general

same goes for say, the 1989 ud reverse negative dale murphy card

Ok, cool. See, this is why I like the boards here so much. People are willing to help you, make good trades, and give you information to be a better collector/trader. Thanks Jacoby!

(03-16-2014, 11:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: similar mistake, kind of. the difference being:

an error card must meet the following requirements

1. there must be a known quantity - or at least a rough estimate - of print run for each variation.

2. the error should be something that was purposefully corrected, not just something that screwed up in the process

3. it must be recognized by the hobby

the 1990 frank thomas error: print screwed up, figured out what they did, corrected it. they know more or less how much exists of each variation. and it has been recognized as such by the hobby in general

same goes for say, the 1989 ud reverse negative dale murphy card
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11