`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How does this happen?! Two separate autos with same serial?

How does this happen?! Two separate autos with same serial?
I was at a friends and while I was waiting to leave I did a quick search for newly listed Edge rookie year cards. I saw a Collector's Edge First Place Pro Signature Authentic Blue AU /40 list for SUPER cheap, so I nabbed it even though I knew I had one at home.

Well, I didn't give it much thought until it arrived, I scanned it in last night, then I filed it away this morning.... when I did so, I took out the first version of the card I purchased a couple of years ago and I realized both were hand numbered 34/40! How could that happen?

The autos are clearly different as the 's' on the first one is weird, but nothing I haven't seen before, and the hand numbering on the back is thinner on the first card than on the one I just bought. Could one of these be the regular issue Pro Signature Authentics AU that someone added 34/40 to the back?

[Image: Edgerrin-CE-FP-PSA-BLUE1_zpsd9d0e234.jpg][Image: Edgerrin-CE-FP-PSA-BLUE1back_zps116070af.jpg]

[Image: Edgerrin-CE-FP-PSA-BLUE2_zps70b807e0.jpg][Image: Edgerrin-CE-FP-PSA-BLUE2back_zps458cc071.jpg]

RE: How does this happen?! Two separate autos with same serial?
Could have been a redemption replacement and they didn't track the numbers. Or it could be a fake... CE dropped all their inventory in a public sale, so...

Either way, I want them both! I love me some 34's!!! Big Grin
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Looks real to me and Edge was notorious for enormous screw ups... and hording things LONG after they should have hit the shredder. If you look at the handwriting for the serial, it's almost certainly penned by the same person. Just another goof, but real. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the other serial numbers is missing somewhere or if the girl doing it was hungover.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Hm. All seem plausible. That four is what made me think it was a "legit" goof too. Didn't know he was notorious for not signing/taking forever.

RW34: I'd be willing to come off one of 'em, let me know if you want to work out a trade or something.

(03-16-2014, 10:11 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Hm. All seem plausible. That four is what made me think it was a "legit" goof too. Didn't know he was notorious for not signing/taking forever.

RW34: I'd be willing to come off one of 'em, let me know if you want to work out a trade or something.
That would be great!! Would love to have one for the PC. I'll try to catch up with you soon.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos