`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DO you ever.....

RE: DO you ever.....
That's why I haven't bussted new product. I do the math and I would have to spend crazy money to pc a player. I go to Ebay and buy what I can and do my best to trade for PC. I started collecting football again during the NFC Championship. I picked Quinton Patton. I am getting close to 100 cards. I have 20 I think that are dupes. All rookies, Refractors, Inserts,Game-Used, and Autograph Cards. I like some of the other players on the team, but I don't want to break the bank.
(03-04-2014, 05:23 PM)branesergen Wrote: I agree with this. I've gone back to Peyton Manning stuff recently and its been fun again. When I get bored with it I pick up other pieces that excite me at the time, when I get bored with those I go back to Peyton, and when I'm bored with everything I stop buying for awhile until I get the itch again. Even if I absolutely love the card I have never been upset losing it. Always tell myself its money saved for the bigger, better one coming up lol What does upset me is when I don't even bid on a card I really wanted cuz I was sleeping or work got in the way!
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

it all moves in cycles. Most of the time you cannot beat the excitement of this hobby.

It becomes less fun when its a card that you have to spend a lot of money on to own, and you really dont care about the card. When you become obligated to your PC. It definitely sucks.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I told my wife after I snagged my PSA graded 1948 Bednarik : "well, that was my whale. I honestly don't care anymore."

Seriously. I've busted a few boxes, but honestly don't care for anything I've pulled.

However, I did get pumped when a 1/1 plate auto (2007 Limited) popped up on eBay....and was able to sell 3 cards I didn't care about REALLY quickly....and purchase the card I wanted. Wink

I feel you. I want a nice Beds, and nice UGA cards. Hate the UD sticker collegiate crap - I wish presspass had their license back and had logos.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Gadsden - think of it this way, it's money saved, time to move on to the next card(s) that are on your list. If you are down, just step back a bit and go over the tremendous collection you already have.

Heck you never know, perhaps you'll see that Wake #1/1 card again in the future for LESS?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(03-04-2014, 02:27 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I was thinking kinda the same thing the other night! I thought about selling off my stuff then thought about the amount of work it would take!
Well sell 2 to me, quick and easy Smile

Maybe you subconsciously knew you didn't need to spend the money? Or you knew (even though it's a 1/1) the price was a little high? That happens to me when I lose sometimes...more a sigh of relief than disappointment.

Couldn't hurt to go into passive mode... I usually binge on eBay, then fall back into passive collecting. I have e-mail alerts from ebay and other sites set to notify me when something I'm looking for or something new pops up...unless one of those are triggered, I don't actively look to add.

Does this mean any JTs and ZTs you have lying around that I need are available? If so send me a list and I will throw an offer your way man. : )'

As for losing the 1/1 I know how it feels and it sucks. You are the biggest phins collector I know and if you are 1st you are definitely in the top 3. Id suggest taking a break on everything that doesnt excite you. Perhaps just sick with Wake and TTM PCs for a bit and see how you feel then. I would hate to see you take time off as you post many maildays I get jealous of lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341