`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DO you ever.....

DO you ever.....
So i put in a snipe for a Cameron wake 1/1 and lost at 70 bucks. I thought i'd be upset but dont really care. I love my collection and looking at cards but seems like i just dont get as excited anymore.
Anyone ever feel like this? I havent even scanned in or really looked at the last few cards i got off ebay and other places. They just sit in the corner.
Wondering if i should slow down or stop or sell off some stuff. Anyone have any insite or feel the same?
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

RE: DO you ever.....
I was thinking kinda the same thing the other night! I thought about selling off my stuff then thought about the amount of work it would take! too much for me to want to take on! ... then I though ... maybe i would just sell everything that was not phins related ..... then thought about the amount of work it would take! too much for me to want to take on! .... so then I thought maybe I would sell EVERYTHING in one shot......then thought about the amount of work it would take to price out everything to get a value before putting a price on the collection! too much for me to want to take on!

so what did I do? starting buying off blowout quicksale lots and ebay!...lol

MAybe a break is in order or maybe start a new PC?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

My desire usually moves up and down. There are times when I ponder dumping most of my stuff. But life would not be the same without this hobby.

I have had this happen to me a couple times.

What I would do is stop picking up low to mid priced stuff. I would save up for a month or two (on purpose, not because I had to) and pick up one or two high end items.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

It gets me when I want to collect something and then the price booms out of reach. I then wonder If I should just collect certain card such as #ed. Should I collect a certain player till his prices go up. I can never make my mind up sometimes. I love to collect, just don't have the Bank Roll to go crazy.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I think it happens to just about everyone in the offseason...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

It helps that my Wife collects with me. She's my best friend and makes everything better and also relieves me of half my share of buyer's remorse ; ) . I say when you aren't excited anymore, do something you don't usually do like a box break or just go to the local shop and bust a box. Interacting with other collectors usually helps me. Sucks to have a collection that nobody sees.

Sometimes it is time to hold back though. My interests are finicky so I go back and forth over what i obsess about.

If it was a card you didn't really want, be happy you didn't win it. Excitement for cards comes and goes. Exciting for trading comes and goes. When the excitement goes, I just take weeks away from most of the trading boards I trade on. I look more forward to my shows and tradenights (and when I'm not happy about those, I just don't go). If you like your collection, why look to sell it? IMO, you're just not seeing anything that excites you. Worse case, thin out what you don't like, bank some money, and focus on adding a piece or pieces you do like.
(03-04-2014, 01:53 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: So i put in a snipe for a Cameron wake 1/1 and lost at 70 bucks. I thought i'd be upset but dont really care. I love my collection and looking at cards but seems like i just dont get as excited anymore.
Anyone ever feel like this? I havent even scanned in or really looked at the last few cards i got off ebay and other places. They just sit in the corner.
Wondering if i should slow down or stop or sell off some stuff. Anyone have any insite or feel the same?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(03-04-2014, 03:02 PM)Midwestconnection Wrote: My desire usually moves up and down. There are times when I ponder dumping most of my stuff. But life would not be the same without this hobby.
I agree with this. I've gone back to Peyton Manning stuff recently and its been fun again. When I get bored with it I pick up other pieces that excite me at the time, when I get bored with those I go back to Peyton, and when I'm bored with everything I stop buying for awhile until I get the itch again. Even if I absolutely love the card I have never been upset losing it. Always tell myself its money saved for the bigger, better one coming up lol What does upset me is when I don't even bid on a card I really wanted cuz I was sleeping or work got in the way!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I'm in the same thing now. I stopped doing some trades for about 6 weeks, and found some stuff that new members had, and traded for them.

The stuff that I do have I only trade with a few select members.

Some of the cards that I thought I really liked and wanted to PC are of some older HOF players. I've used those cards to get me some of the newer younger players that are most pricier to get.

I can find players that are HOF (Joe Namath for example) that I can snag off ebay for a good price or trade for.

I'm also limiting what I buy on ebay now as well. Saving for a few months and making one large purchase instead of little things here and there, unless there is a major PC player card that I can get for dirt cheap.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA