`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Leaf Limited with National embossed logo

Leaf Limited with National embossed logo
Does anyone know what the deal is with the Leaf Limited cards with the National logo embossed on the front of them? I see some 2003 John Elway and Dan Marino cards with National embossed logo and a year like 2007 on the front with the embossed logo. The cards have a print date of 2003.

RE: Leaf Limited with National embossed logo
Don't have a clue.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I think they're from the National Sports Collectors Convention, similar to this Edgerrin /6 auto from a Vegas Convention:

[Image: KGrHqRnwE8OT3e5sBPHwPJCOOg60_3_zps670c911b.jpg]

(03-03-2014, 08:55 PM)fhsu2206 Wrote: Does anyone know what the deal is with the Leaf Limited cards with the National logo embossed on the front of them? I see some 2003 John Elway and Dan Marino cards with National embossed logo and a year like 2007 on the front with the embossed logo. The cards have a print date of 2003.
They were from the National Conventions from those years.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

That is a cool card.
(03-03-2014, 09:53 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: I think they're from the National Sports Collectors Convention, similar to this Edgerrin /6 auto from a Vegas Convention:

[Image: KGrHqRnwE8OT3e5sBPHwPJCOOg60_3_zps670c911b.jpg]
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

Yes they are giveaways at the shows that they are stamped for. That is to say, the card companies have a booth at the trade show and produce specially marked and sometimes specially numbered cards specifically for that event. Sometimes they are wrapper redemptions (likely if you have stamped base). Other times they are raffles or other things. I got the beauty pictured below at the 2006 National in Anaheim. Donruss/Playoff ran a Pack War promotion every hour on the hour at their compound. They had a display case showing off all the cards that you could win along with a list of when those cards would be battled for and what you needed to participate. In my case, participants had to purchase a box of 2006 Donruss Elite football from a vendor in the show and open it a the Pack War event. The winner was the person who had the lowest combined serial numbers from the 2 jersey cards in the box. And that was me! Big Grin What was really neat was I was there Wednesday evening with my wife and while we were looking at the display case I pointed at this card and said "Of all the cards in here this is the one I want."

2001 Quantum Leaf All-Millennium Marks Autographs 2006 Anaheim National #2 Barry Sanders
AU | NFT | 1/1 | Serial Number: 1/1
[Image: 17863wu1.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Thanks for your help guys!

(03-04-2014, 03:50 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Yes they are giveaways at the shows that they are stamped for. That is to say, the card companies have a booth at the trade show and produce specially marked and sometimes specially numbered cards specifically for that event. Sometimes they are wrapper redemptions (likely if you have stamped base). Other times they are raffles or other things. I got the beauty pictured below at the 2006 National in Anaheim. Donruss/Playoff ran a Pack War promotion every hour on the hour at their compound. They had a display case showing off all the cards that you could win along with a list of when those cards would be battled for and what you needed to participate. In my case, participants had to purchase a box of 2006 Donruss Elite football from a vendor in the show and open it a the Pack War event. The winner was the person who had the lowest combined serial numbers from the 2 jersey cards in the box. And that was me! Big Grin What was really neat was I was there Wednesday evening with my wife and while we were looking at the display case I pointed at this card and said "Of all the cards in here this is the one I want."

2001 Quantum Leaf All-Millennium Marks Autographs 2006 Anaheim National #2 Barry Sanders
AU | NFT | 1/1 | Serial Number: 1/1
[Image: 17863wu1.jpg]
Awesome story and beautiful Barry!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341