`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Player Question

PC Player Question
How do you store your PC cards? Right now I've got them all in top loaders. I've been thinking about doing binders. Would love to hear what other people do and your opinion regarding why you do it that way. Thanks!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: PC Player Question
I do binders because it is the easiest way for me to view my collection. Higher valued cards of players that I don't collect are stored in toploaders.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

99% of my PC is in binders. I hated not being able to flip through and easily enjoy my collecting efforts. Nothing better than easily accessing viewing a rainbow of your PC player. I do have multiple cards of $50 BV etc. in the binders which is a risk, but I keep the binders safe and sound. The 1% leftover are cards that warrant either a one-touch or slabs.

Trade bait is the opposite. Anything $4 BV or over is in top loader, cards are bagged by player and alphabetized.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

All cards penny sleeved and boxed. PC stuff (non-auto / relic) sleeved and in binders so I can look at them. Auto and relics sleeved and in toploaders. These are also boxed. I don't keep/collect expensive cards as I rather have my money working for me, but that's just me.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

My two player Pcs (Reno Bertoia and Alan Trammell) are in binders, in Beckett Order. Missing cards have a blank card with the info written on them of what it is. Those cards slabbed or too large for a normal 9 pocket page are in the front in four pocket pages. Apologies for blurry photo as apparently my web cam sucks.

[Image: b.jpg]

My sets are also in binders. Yes binders can take up lots of shelf space, but 1) you can actually look at your cards and 2) Closet space is at a premium in my house, especially in the basement which is my domain as decreed by wife who cares not to view my glorious collection (ok a bit of hyperbole).
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Ha! That's pretty cool. Thanks for the pic example. I think I'm going to go the binder route. After awhile top loaders get expensive and I'd rather use those for higher value cards and for sending cards from trade in. Thanks again!

(03-03-2014, 11:16 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: My two player Pcs (Reno Bertoia and Alan Trammell) are in binders, in Beckett Order. Missing cards have a blank card with the info written on them of what it is. Those cards slabbed or too large for a normal 9 pocket page are in the front in four pocket pages. Apologies for blurry photo as apparently my web cam sucks.

My sets are also in binders. Yes binders can take up lots of shelf space, but 1) you can actually look at your cards and 2) Closet space is at a premium in my house, especially in the basement which is my domain as decreed by wife who cares not to view my glorious collection (ok a bit of hyperbole).
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(03-03-2014, 11:16 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: My two player Pcs (Reno Bertoia and Alan Trammell) are in binders, in Beckett Order. Missing cards have a blank card with the info written on them of what it is. Those cards slabbed or too large for a normal 9 pocket page are in the front in four pocket pages. Apologies for blurry photo as apparently my web cam sucks.

That's what I do with my Paul Goldschmidt collection, anything 8.00 and over is in a top loader and anything under is in my binder. My missing cards for him and Aaron Hill I leave placeholders for. Works out great!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I mostly have ALL of my cards in binders. I only use Ultra Pro Platinum Series pages to store my cards in the binders. I do have a few thousand cards in boxes, but they are late 80's/early 90's MLB base set cards.
Anything too thick for a page slot goes in a magnetic one-touch case to display on a plate-mounting frame or until it gets traded. I also store some of my favorite cards (mostly AU & GU) in cases that fit in a frame that holds 20 cards. I bought the frames at Michael's Arts and Crafts. I have 3 of them. 1 for MLB (STL Cardinals), 1 for NFL (Carolina Panthers), and 1 for NASCAR.

Do you guys put them in penny sleeves before they go in the pages? Haven't tried it yet. Have to clear out these OLD binder pages. Might just have to get new ones. Thoughts? And thank you so much for your input.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(03-04-2014, 08:44 AM)sfreinker Wrote: Do you guys put them in penny sleeves before they go in the pages? Haven't tried it yet. Have to clear out these OLD binder pages. Might just have to get new ones. Thoughts? And thank you so much for your input.
Back to back in one penny sleeve and then into the page. For the base sets just straight in (how much more protection does 89 Donruss need?) except for anything of particular value then it also gets pennied.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!