`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Player Question

RE: PC Player Question
(03-04-2014, 08:59 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Back to back in one penny sleeve and then into the page. For the base sets just straight in (how much more protection does 89 Donruss need?) except for anything of particular value then it also gets pennied.
IF you put the cards back to back, won't they stick together over time?

I only collect Beckett Graded cards. I can comfortably fit 136 cards in each plastic container that we bought from "The Container Store". And each container goes on a shelf of a bookcase type thingy that a friend of our built for me.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-04-2014, 10:47 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: IF you put the cards back to back, won't they stick together over time?
I've never found that to happen. Of course my two players don't have many cards that are "sticky" as Bertoia played in the 50s and 60s and Trammell 70s to 90s. No or very little glossy to worry about. The more modern glossiness stock (for new cards that are realesed of them) doesn't have the same problem as the mid 2000s Topps stock. With these players I miss the early 2000s super sticky glossy cards pretty much.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(03-03-2014, 11:16 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: My two player Pcs (Reno Bertoia and Alan Trammell) are in binders, in Beckett Order. Missing cards have a blank card with the info written on them of what it is. Those cards slabbed or too large for a normal 9 pocket page are in the front in four pocket pages. Apologies for blurry photo as apparently my web cam sucks.

[Image: b.jpg]

My sets are also in binders. Yes binders can take up lots of shelf space, but 1) you can actually look at your cards and 2) Closet space is at a premium in my house, especially in the basement which is my domain as decreed by wife who cares not to view my glorious collection (ok a bit of hyperbole).
So basically have binder space for all 1341 cards according to beckett that correspond to trammell??? Do you put them like in order oldest newest?? I PC Galarraga and use binders but i dont leave the empty slots for what im missing but i think its a great idea!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(03-04-2014, 11:20 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: So basically have binder space for all 1341 cards according to beckett that correspond to trammell??? Do you put them like in order oldest newest?? I PC Galarraga and use binders but i dont leave the empty slots for what im missing but i think its a great idea!
yes I decided to leave the empty spaces with the holder card and the info so there is a record of what cards actually exist for them. There are actually several pages in a row that are just the holder cards and probably will always be as it is in Beckett order, and there are some areas where there are like 20 cards in a row that are all numbered cards under 20 or so (Donruss auto sets from early 2000s example). Also with this method if I get any new 2014 Trams released I just keep them at the back, after the last 2014 release just rearrange with missing spots and info in them.

I'm going to start a Verlander Binder also, but with him I think I'm just going to go by year and no place holders as the exponential number of cards that keep being created every year would be maddening to keep up (plus all the minis of various sizes makes Beckett order nigh impossible if using the proper size pages)

Sounds pretty cool and also exciting as you put the mssing cards in their place!!! Do you skip the 1 of 1s???

(03-04-2014, 12:06 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: yes I decided to leave the empty spaces with the holder card and the info so there is a record of what cards actually exist for them. There are actually several pages in a row that are just the holder cards and probably will always be as it is in Beckett order, and there are some areas where there are like 20 cards in a row that are all numbered cards under 20 or so (Donruss auto sets from early 2000s example). Also with this method if I get any new 2014 Trams released I just keep them at the back, after the last 2014 release just rearrange with missing spots and info in them.

I'm going to start a Verlander Binder also, but with him I think I'm just going to go by year and no place holders as the exponential number of cards that keep being created every year would be maddening to keep up (plus all the minis of various sizes makes Beckett order nigh impossible if using the proper size pages)
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(03-04-2014, 12:11 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Sounds pretty cool and also exciting as you put the mssing cards in their place!!! Do you skip the 1 of 1s???
No I left em in. Keep the record complete (and apparently I have way too much time on my hands sometimes).

I have a hard time getting the cards in with the penny sleeves on and they get all wavy in the pocket. The sheets are old though. Do the sheets they make now have larger card slots?
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

I find the older harder plastic ones won't hold more than one unsleeved card. Ultra pro sheets are more receptive, and for mass produced era sets I use bargain basement sheets (again 89 Donruss doesn't need the full protection in my book).

(03-04-2014, 12:44 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: That's what I do with my Paul Goldschmidt collection, anything 8.00 and over is in a top loader and anything under is in my binder. My missing cards for him and Aaron Hill I leave placeholders for. Works out great!
i thought u left the hobby and sold it all. if u decided to keep it congrats
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

For my PC collections...
*I only double-back the card if I have 2+ copies of the same card.
*I mostly just use penny sleeves inside a page for the vintage cards or cards of high value that did not get put in a hard case.

It appears to me now that some of my methods of storage are quite complex. Smile