`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'51 Bowman Pickup!

'51 Bowman Pickup!
Hey everybody! Don't usually post in vintage but thought I'd share today's pickup. A little backstory. There's a shop about an hour from me that I might hit up once or twice a year because it's out of the way. So my brother an I took a ride today and hit the shop. He was in the comics section and I hit the cards. So I'm rummaging through the vintage stuff and saw a '51 Duke Snider. Sticker said "Book $250" and "As Is $30" I took a look at it and since I'm trying to build up my vintage PC(which grade doesn't matter) I couldn't turn it down! Whaddya think!

[Image: p6wd6jaj.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

RE: '51 Bowman Pickup!
Great pickup - the creases dont really detract from the image - for the price, no question you had to pick it up

Even with the creases, it's still a beauty.
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

No way that card was estimate at 250 as the dealer states.. Cards grade EX dont even get that.
A good source, which i also use, is CardTarget
Based on this, maybe being Poor-Fair...it books around 15-30. Overall its a nice appealing card.
I love the 51 Bowmans. Nice colors and pics.
I couldnt afford a higher-end graded Mantle...but i love looking at my nice BVG-2 Mantle.
Bowmans other years are nice as well.

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

pawpawdiv9- Oh, it definitely isn't a $250 card but I was just blown away by the price for a nice looking HOFer! And based on his selling price on the rest of the '51s, it was a had to buy for me.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Great pick up! There's no fading on the color, and has great eye appeal!

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

Great card!!
Photobucket

Sweet pick up!!! can never go wrong with vintage! congrats!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s