`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TOO MUCH!

SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TOO MUCH!
So like all other diehard collectors I do my daily ( sometimes hourly ) searches to see if anything new has popped up for my collection. And 99% of the time nothing has. I am maybe lucky enough to add 10 New Unique cards to my collection in a year now. This is why I buy so many duplicate copies. So this card popped up on COMC about a month ago and I thought nothing of it, but for some reason it always caught my attention...nothing special. 120 copies made, the product is score, its not a particularly attractive card. And that is why I just ignored it every day because it was listed at full book. I don't really Hoard cards that are lower quality brands or high print runs. Even if it had been priced at 50 cents I would have passed on it....well to my point. I NEEDED THE FREAKING CARD! I checked my bucket and didn't see it in there, which was not out of the norm because I don't scan most of my base or inexpensive cards. So I go and open my Colbert safe and sift through all my Unique ones and it wasn't in there! This is the problem when you amass so much and do not keep a catalogued list. I figured since it wasn't /25 or less I most likely didn't need it...well I learned my lesson and will now have to pay closer attention to cards I am unsure about....especially when my brain tells me theres something about the card. Every time I went onto COMC my eyes would go to that card. Well Im glad I finally did my due diligence and took the time to find out I needed it...well long story short I now have it and am one step closer to completion of the Unique cards! So make sure you are 100% sure you have the card before you brush it aside!

[Image: f3cd11ca-9f4b-470c-bba2-8f42639c075c_zps5b29ee05.jpg]
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TOO MUCH!
Now that's funny right there.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Think it happens to all of us from time to time. Foe me it's happened a couple times where i buy a card and go to put it away and ooops...already have it. Good thing so far it's only been base! Since then i have done a better job organizing!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

I feel your pain, I haven't always done a good job with my collection. I did a bunch of trade and now when everything comes in, I will have to fix my organizer and input things into the Bucket. I was real bad about the Bucket, so I completely did it over and it is much better than before.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I need to get a week where I have nothing to do so I can organize this junk, though it seems every month I have more and more to do.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

story of my collecting life...lmao
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I literally keep all my Marinos in order of how they would appear in Beckett. Its the only way I know how to tell if I need some of these cards.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Lol good story and glad you ended up getting it!

I have a problem of not thinking I have the card, which I do, and buying it anyways. I bought a 2011 certified prime jersey card /5 for under 20. Thinking I have a great deal, well I few months pass and I see another one and no brain cells ticked and I got it for 37. Got it and put it in my box and I was like, "are you serious!". But now I have 1/5, and 2/5, and never seen another since.

(03-02-2014, 09:57 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Lol good story and glad you ended up getting it!

I have a problem of not thinking I have the card, which I do, and buying it anyways. I bought a 2011 certified prime jersey card /5 for under 20. Thinking I have a great deal, well I few months pass and I see another one and no brain cells ticked and I got it for 37. Got it and put it in my box and I was like, "are you serious!". But now I have 1/5, and 2/5, and never seen another since.
so just keep adding to the pile! I buy these knowing I already have 1 err 2, 3 etc…lol …. I want to stop…. really I do Smile

[Image: BFA5D198-FECD-4D62-A844-D439DE7FEA47-557...503c6b.jpg]

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(03-02-2014, 10:15 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: so just keep adding to the pile! I buy these knowing I already have 1 err 2, 3 etc…lol …. I want to stop…. really I do Smile

[Image: BFA5D198-FECD-4D62-A844-D439DE7FEA47-557...503c6b.jpg]
HAHA!