`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Super Collector Probs 4 Update 3-5-14

Super Collector Probs 4 Update 3-5-14
Need some opinions. A card I want for the PC is on the bay right now but is damaged (seller confirmed). It is #/5 and the first one I've seen, I hate hate hate buying damaged cards but I let a few go before and regretted it. However I can't pay top dollar for something that's technically ruined. So what do you think I should do?? There's still 5 days on it. I would give more details about it, but I wanna avoid any shilling :p

*update*

Got it anyways Smile 18 bucks dlvd

RE: Super Collector Probs 4
(02-27-2014, 11:57 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Need some opinions. A card I want for the PC is on the bay right now but is damaged (seller confirmed). It is #/5 and the first one I've seen, I hate hate hate buying damaged cards but I let a few go before and regretted it. However I can't pay top dollar for something that's technically ruined. So what do you think I should do?? There's still 5 days on it. I would give more details about it, but I wanna avoid any shilling :p
Make him your best offer that you'd be comfortable with, leave it up to him.

I agree. Unless you have the money to throw at it, I'd say skip it rather than pay full price. You never know...a better one might pop up later...

Something #d that low I'd still buy damaged depending on how bad. Creases=no way! Wouldn't pay top dollar that's for sure. If you think you'll regret it move on. You'll be pissed if you buy that and something else pops up just as good. Plenty of others out there for us super collectors anyway. What card/player is it? Just curious. Hard to give a better opinion without knowing what we're talking about
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

if its the henne / hartline limited dual ? … looks like its peeling near the word "prime" … if so let me know if you are going to buy and I won't bid Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(02-28-2014, 05:59 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: if its the henne / hartline limited dual ? … looks like its peeling near the word "prime" … if so let me know if you are going to buy and I won't bid Smile
Yes it is lol!! I messaged the seller and got the response, "yes, the card has some ware." It's a 2011 and I've never seen it. If I get it, another will pop up in a week. If I don't, adios!?

But my problem is, about 3 months ago a 1/1 came up and same story. But it still sold at an outrageous price. I was in it til 40 bucks and even that I was smacking my head thinking 40 bucks for a ruined card?? I think it sold for 50ish. But I couldn't understand why people still bidded on it even with the damage. Or do people just assume scan all the time? The only value IMO is the fact it's /5 and a duel. Henne kind of brings the value down :p

Thanks everyone again for the opinions. I'm going to make a game day decision on this one..I'm slowly gathering figures in my head for this one.
(02-28-2014, 02:37 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: Something #d that low I'd still buy damaged depending on how bad. Creases=no way! Wouldn't pay top dollar that's for sure. If you think you'll regret it move on. You'll be pissed if you buy that and something else pops up just as good. Plenty of others out there for us super collectors anyway. What card/player is it? Just curious. Hard to give a better opinion without knowing what we're talking about
Brian Hartline from the Miami Dolphins

2011 Limited Duel Auto Henne/Hartline /5

Looks like the top surface is peeling up in the middle of card on the left side. Seller confirmed the damage. Hard to describe, like someone had something on their thumb and grabbed that spot and it ate away at it? Lol

A word of advice - if you can use it for a placeholder for an ok price - I would go for it. Why do I say this - because I'm still left with this card below - the only copy I've ever seen (out of 10 copies). Of course I would love to replace it - given the stupid damage on it. I generally am not very picky on condition - understanding chipping and the occasional dinged corner. Heck, I have a 1/1 with a noticeable chip out of it (what can you do?). But this is my placeholder until that time - if it ever happens!

[Image: 05throwbackthreadsgenerationsprime.jpg]
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.

+1. In a nutshell. Well said.

(02-28-2014, 09:22 AM)greg brown Wrote: A word of advice - if you can use it for a placeholder for an ok price - I would go for it. Why do I say this - because I'm still left with this card below - the only copy I've ever seen (out of 10 copies). Of course I would love to replace it - given the stupid damage on it. I generally am not very picky on condition - understanding chipping and the occasional dinged corner. Heck, I have a 1/1 with a noticeable chip out of it (what can you do?). But this is my placeholder until that time - if it ever happens!

[Image: 05throwbackthreadsgenerationsprime.jpg]
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]

I was going to make the same case greg brown made- get it as a place holder. I just picked up an Edgerrin Stat Line Season 2/4 for $80. More than I wanted to pay...card's not in as good of shape as I'd prefer...but no way was I going to let someone else get the first (and potentially last) one I had seen when it wasn't outrageously priced.

I buy them just to I have it then if I find a replacement later then ill do that. My 2004 LCM Emerald /5 is currently in that position and I paid full price for it. It would kill me knowing I missed out on it.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS