`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What trade value would this be?

RE: What trade value would this be?
(02-27-2014, 03:49 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: And the majority are going for around $20. He should take the shop owners offer, turn around and buy two of the same card. Or pocket $20 and just buy one. Or even better, buy two, go back to the shop owner and see if he wants another for the same $40 offer. Keep one Puig and have an extra $40. Very rarely does a 9.5 ever add anywhere near 10x book value to any modern card.
i was going to but i wanted to make sure...That why i convened the beckett war council lol
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Well that's exactly what I would do. If the offer still stands march on down to the shop and take it. You will be able to get the same card back in return and pocket $20. At worst there is one with a BIN of $30 right now you could hit and pocket $10, or one for $40 which is a Refractor BGS 9.5. Either way, take the guys offer.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Cash, Auction, Trade,,,,,all different animals from the same litter. There may never a graded 10.

My LCS will offer 1/2 of what he thinks he can sell the item for, not half Book.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(02-27-2014, 05:12 PM)radarblip Wrote: My LCS will offer 1/2 of what he thinks he can sell the item for, not half Book.
And this is a point most collectors will ever understand. As a collector you have very little overhead. As a dealer, he has things like rent, utilities, and insurance to pay. And the money he pays that stuff with is the profit.

(02-27-2014, 07:00 PM)seal006 Wrote: And this is a point most collectors will ever understand. As a collector you have very little overhead. As a dealer, he has things like rent, utilities, and insurance to pay. And the money he pays that stuff with is the profit.
I know what a dealer has...I worked at a card shop for 3 years in fact i'am starting my own store...I just got my license to sell and my Tax ID...I know what it takes trust me...I just wanted to know what the trade value would be.

I did not say YOU didn't understand. I said MOST. I deal with folks all the time that feel 50% BV is the automatic buying price for EVERYTHING.

(02-27-2014, 07:25 PM)seal006 Wrote: I did not say YOU didn't understand. I said MOST. I deal with folks all the time that feel 50% BV is the automatic buying price for EVERYTHING.
oh i agree...i see it on the bay and i see it at the shops around here