`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MJ Thread Updated 6/16

RE: MJ Thread Updated 3/1 Huge Update!
(03-19-2014, 09:52 PM)hercules21 Wrote: i need to get me one of these. makes my 9.5 non-refractor look silly.

looks like it was a half point on a sub away from overall 9. not sure what the price difference is between 8.5 and 9, but if it's a lot, would it be worth sending in again for a re-grade? i guess it brings up the age old question on whether or not to bust the case.
I didn't even think of that. I think you can send it in to Beckett without breaking it out yourself and they will regrade it. I am just always nervous they would grade it lower haha!
[Image: 180_zpsca2bce13.jpg]

I had this card in a 8.5 and I replaced it to match the rest.

[Image: 179_zps455c8eb9.jpg]

[Image: 181_zps5cd4077a.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 3/22
Got two in today. I now have all three Power Boosters in a matching grade. I already had card 277. I had card #1 in a BGS 8.5, so I replaced that and picked up card #4 from the same seller. Look nice together! I now have the BGS 8.5 #1 and a raw copy of #4 to sell to make back some of the money. Just saves me from having to send the cards in for grading.

[Image: 184_zps21e29d04.jpg]

As always insanely awesome stuff man!!!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(03-23-2014, 01:51 AM)aarhart1985 Wrote: As always insanely awesome stuff man!!!
Thanks man I appreciate the comments.

RE: MJ Thread Updated 3/29
So this card has a little side story. I picked this card up last week and was really excited by the price ($42). I have a raw copy that has some slight edge problems so instead of sending mine in to get graded, I picked up this one. I always message Buckunteer when I have raw MJs for sale. He then told me that he had bid on this card (I did not know that until after I won). He said he put an initial bid in, got sidetracked and did not check again. When I messaged him he asked if I had won it. He told me he was out with his fiancé and was busy! Sorry man!

[Image: 186_zps397ec098.jpg]

*sigh* It's ok man, I can't be angry, at least it went to someone else on here! I ended up using those funds to pick up a different graded MJ refractor so it worked out in the end Smile It did go really dirt cheap though, those are the types of deals I usually get like 2-3x a year and I'm always shocked when they happen. Hope you enjoy it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-29-2014, 08:36 PM)buckunteer Wrote: *sigh* It's ok man, I can't be angry, at least it went to someone else on here! I ended up using those funds to pick up a different graded MJ refractor so it worked out in the end Smile It did go really dirt cheap though, those are the types of deals I usually get like 2-3x a year and I'm always shocked when they happen. Hope you enjoy it!
What card for you pick up?

(03-29-2014, 10:25 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: What card for you pick up?
97-98 bowman's best atomic refractor...in gem mint :-D

I actually just won another MJ too that I do NOT have the funds for- high dimensions /2000 in bgs 9. Gonna have to make some flash sales haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(03-30-2014, 12:41 AM)buckunteer Wrote: 97-98 bowman's best atomic refractor...in gem mint :-D

I actually just won another MJ too that I do NOT have the funds for- high dimensions /2000 in bgs 9. Gonna have to make some flash sales haha.
Nice man, those are some sweet pickups. I did not realize how much the High Dimensions booked for! I have had this card for a while now and was looking for some cards to submit for grading a while back. I looked up the BV and wondered why I hadn't sent it in before. Great pickups!

(03-30-2014, 01:16 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Nice man, those are some sweet pickups. I did not realize how much the High Dimensions booked for! I have had this card for a while now and was looking for some cards to submit for grading a while back. I looked up the BV and wondered why I hadn't sent it in before. Great pickups!
Crap...just realized I left out a very important piece of info...it's the 97-98 bowman's best mirror image atomic refractor haha.

The base atomic books WAY higher. If I had picked THAT one up for $64 in gem mint instead of the mirror image one I probably would have to flip it despite my love for MJs and refractors!