`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Recent Buying experience....

RE: A Recent Buying experience....
I appreciate all of the comments, I have been too busy lately to post much. I did not neg the seller, mostly because the cards were safe in bubble mailer and he never stated in his auction that they would be shipped in sleeves or any other fasion and I didn't ask so I didn't feel that was good reason to neg. I wasn't even going to bring it up, but I was so impressed with the other seller, that I felt like sharing. I assumed DesignerJewelsByKarina would practice what is a commonly accepted shipping practice used between a majority of card collectors. Immaculate cards chip really easy so it is hard to say what was natural and what/if any damage was caused in shipping. When buying from a power seller on ebay you just expect a certain level of service, and honestly I think the seller just doesn't know enough or care enough to handle these items properly, and like I said, I will most likely never buy from that seller again.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Eh..if I mistated myself I'm sorry. I meant that if it arrives with any damage at all that 'could' be attributed to the manner in which it was shipped, I would return it...it just happens that every lot I've received that was shipped in a plastic snap-case has been grossly dinged up. Actually the least dinged up I received just the other day--a booklet card sent in a small snap-case with 4 corners that were all very minorly dented. I can't be certain whether or not they were that way when it was shipped, but I can be certain that the manner in which it was shipped surely could have caused it. My personal opinion is that all cards should be shipped such that they arrive in the same condition they were when they left the seller, and those are the same standards the post office uses when accessing a 'damaged in shipping' claim. I should be able to open the package and know that there's not really any way the cards could have been damaged.

I have received some that could've been shipped better, but seeing no damage I've just sent the seller a message informing them of what they could've done better, but for the cards I've returned I've never left a negative feedback. I've been disappointed because I actually wanted the item, but in the end I'm not willing to accept a seller's negligence in trying to save a few pennies for receiving a card in less than the purchased condition.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

I definitely agree with the disappointment. Anything over $10 and I put it in a top loader, anything $100 or more in a one-touch, and often I'll do one touches for cards in that $50-$100 range because that's still a really nice card to me at least. You're pretty fortunate everything arrived ok, but I don't blame you for wanting to avoid that seller from now on.

In a related topic, what's the best way for me to ship my trade to you?? I have everything $10+ in top loaders and the lower-end stuff in thick-card penny sleeves, several cards per sleeve. They'll be put between the top loader cards and taped together to ensure they all stay ok. Not really sure what to package 175 cards in though, not sure if they even make bubble mailers big enough. I welcome your suggestion(s) since they're yours to be!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Lol, There was only a few cards I would be really worried about, If I were you, I would put all of the base cards in one or more plastic hinge cases. It costs a little more for shipping but you could use one of the white smaller card boxes and put everything in it. Wrap it up with brown paper or just tape the box up real well and put the address on it. You can buy a bigger bubble envelope, that would fit everything. All's I really ask is that you don't put tape all over the toploaders containing the nicer cards. Lol I hate when people do that. Also, you could use the $5 flat rate box, It works well for shipping a bunch of cards.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]