`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Hit, To Sell, Grade, Or Wait?

RE: Big Hit, To Sell, Grade, Or Wait?
The whole situation seem pretty messy. Hope they straighten it out.

Wow. I hope the hook you up. $200 and change for one card to be graded in 10 days (did I read you right?). Yikes man. I suppose another question is why such a high declared value? I am by no means a pro when it comes to grading but isn't return shipping done with insurance...and thus based off of declared value??
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I think because one similar sold for 2K so he just put that so in case it got lost, he can claim 2k.

Sorry might have not made clear it was 11 Cards total. Basically after all the calls, emails, and pain in my Ace they said all they could do was offer $14 per card for 5 day service on my next order. While I appreciate the gesture it really wasn't the point. When I created my order the site said $66. And If they wanna charge me $218 which I guess is normal 10 Day service price than the service should be Free under their Guarantee. I don't think I am out of line. I even told the guy to call it $118 and I would be happy, they said No so I am going through the Better Business Bureau now. It sucks but I have had issues with my Insurance company before and they took care of it in no time, Hopefully Beckett does the right thing and does not lose me as a customer. It just isn't right. On a side note, the rep actually told me, "You have a point, I see what you mean." And then in the next message told me, "nope sorry you were in the wrong, nothing I can do"
Collects: Anything Brett Favre, USC Football, Penny Hardaway, LA Angels

(03-27-2014, 12:09 PM)uscplaya Wrote: Sorry might have not made clear it was 11 Cards total. Basically after all the calls, emails, and pain in my Ace they said all they could do was offer $14 per card for 5 day service on my next order. While I appreciate the gesture it really wasn't the point. When I created my order the site said $66. And If they wanna charge me $218 which I guess is normal 10 Day service price than the service should be Free under their Guarantee. I don't think I am out of line. I even told the guy to call it $118 and I would be happy, they said No so I am going through the Better Business Bureau now. It sucks but I have had issues with my Insurance company before and they took care of it in no time, Hopefully Beckett does the right thing and does not lose me as a customer. It just isn't right. On a side note, the rep actually told me, "You have a point, I see what you mean." And then in the next message told me, "nope sorry you were in the wrong, nothing I can do"
sorry man this makes me lol. typical beckett customer service at its finest. i have no idea how they have stayed in business this long with the poor treatment of their customers. i enjoy the boards but i will never spend another dime on any beckett product or service.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Yeah I am realizing that. I can't imagine why they would think that I would ever want to submit a new order after they effed up up so bad on my first one ever. How is that an OK resolution. Funny thing is the guy I've been going through will be at my LCS next month, in part because I told the LCS owner it would be a good idea. I will have to go up there and at least annoy the shite out of him and tell everyone at the card show what happened and their resolution. Waiting to hear back from BBB hopefully they can get a fair resolution.

The BBB is a sham. Their intervention only matters if Beckett is a member of the BBB. It is a pay-to-play thing and is a ton of garbage. It is like Yelp. If you pay they bury complaints. If you don't pay they magnify them.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(03-28-2014, 07:46 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: The BBB is a sham. Their intervention only matters if Beckett is a member of the BBB. It is a pay-to-play thing and is a ton of garbage. It is like Yelp. If you pay they bury complaints. If you don't pay they magnify them.
Couldn't agree more..... They are coming out on Tuesday to talk to me about our Real Estate Business and "upgrade" us for an additional charge even though we have never had an complaint.
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

As if this card hasn't been enough of a headache for me, went to get my box of cards and memorabilia from my Parent's house (we are moving) and my D-Bag drug addict uncle was staying there for 2 nights previous and when I found that out I immediately wanted to get all my stuff out since he is a thief, of course, too late. Went down to get my stuff and did a quick inventory, the only item missing was the most valuable... The Michael Jordan card. Of course we questioned him and he acted like he didn't know what a Basketball card looked like... Filed a police report, luckily it is graded and has the serial number on it in case he tries to pawn it but he probably traded it for a 8 ball or something.... what luck I have huh?