`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I need some help about a shady box I just busted

RE: I need some help about a shady box I just busted
(02-17-2014, 09:19 PM)mkufta Wrote: I went there for a 130pt top loader, ended up splurging on a box. Bad move apparently.
That's too bad, because for the price point, those Upper Deck boxes are actually a fun rip (usually, you know what I mean.)

Thats why I got one. Last week I scored one pretty cheap on eBay. $50. Once I sold some teams for between 4 and 8 bucks (which inlcuded shipping and supplies) I was really only out about $25-$30. I hit a Cy Iowa State mascot patch card and sold it for $25 so I nearly made my money back on the box already which is rare.

So I saw this one for $55 and thought well Im not out any money from the last one (which I expected) so lets try it again for only $5 more dollars and I can bust it now.

Plus Im in desperate need of that McGloin auto that came out of the redemption set so I thought Id roll the dice again as I was feeling lucky. Turned out to not be luck though.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(02-17-2014, 02:21 PM)mkufta Wrote: Hey guys, Ive never had anything like this happen to me.

I just purchased a box of 2013 Upper Deck Football from my local hobby shop about 2 hours ago. 3 Autos per box, 2 numbered rookies. One of those autos is a Letterman. Chance at a mascot patch card (which I hit last week).

I just opened the box and it had ZERO hits. It was filmed thankfully but the box contained zero autographs, zero letterman, zero numbered rookies. It was entirely 100% base cards.

What do I do from here? I have the box, the plastic wrap, all the packs, barcodes, pack codes etc. What do I do? I feel I was 100% ripped off as I paid $55 for a pile of base.
I actually have heard of this before from Upperdeck. Some of their boxes of that product contain 0 hits. Contact them and they will most likely ship you a new hobby box

Got off the phone with them a little earlier. A gentleman took down my information and ask I send in the receipt and UPC code. We'll see if/what they send me.

(02-18-2014, 02:45 PM)mkufta Wrote: Got off the phone with them a little earlier. A gentleman took down my information and ask I send in the receipt and UPC code. We'll see if/what they send me.
next time tape your break on your ipad or iphone. I do this with all of my breaks for this very reason. Then if you are shorted just send them the direct video. Saves time man. Hope you are sent another box.

It is on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=748wa6n-CrA

Someone said to burn it to a dvd and send it with the info.

dude sounds like a shady LCS. sorry to hear that.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

Although it may not be his fault he handled it poorly.

We have had people get dud boxes from us in the past but yes there is something we as a dealer can do...we have different contacts than a consumer does. Anytime this has happened we make sure to call our personal rep. Most of the time we end up doing everything for our customer. Its just easier that way.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-18-2014, 11:15 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Although it may not be his fault he handled it poorly.

We have had people get dud boxes from us in the past but yes there is something we as a dealer can do...we have different contacts than a consumer does. Anytime this has happened we make sure to call our personal rep. Most of the time we end up doing everything for our customer. Its just easier that way.
I dont know if I mentioned it above but while we were talking before I left he was acting like he and everyone at Upper Deck were best friends. It seems he does this to sound cool.

Then when I call him up 2 hours later, there's nothing he can do. There's either no reason he couldn't call Upper Deck for me OR he actually has zero contacts there and just BS's to make himself look cool.

Anyway, I got a hold of UD right away (I dont know if thats normal), I explained to the guy what happened and he seemed eager to get my info and told me what to send in. I didnt ask what they were going to do for me I just told him Id send in whatever he asked for.

He wanted the UPC from the box and the receipt. I included the UPC, a pack, the receipt the wrapper (asking them to check the seals to see if theyre the original) and a DVD of the box break.

Anyone have any idea on a timeline if I sent it out today priority mail?

(02-18-2014, 03:33 PM)mkufta Wrote: It is on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=748wa6n-CrA

Someone said to burn it to a dvd and send it with the info.
that was smackvay from blow out! take that advice!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's