`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
1st Game.....Seven years old. 1970 Connie Mack Stadium. 1st row right field foul line. What a night...all of that green grass, fans & the smells of the park...can remember them to this day. Anyway, went with Mom & Dad to see Richie (Dick) Allen make his retun to Philly. Joe Torre, who was the MVP that year, hit 2 massive homers over the roof in Left Field....think the Cards won, but who cared! Almost got a foul ball of the bat of Richie Allen...it was coming down the line too fast, looked as big as a bolder and scared me to death! What fun....Loved Richie Allen & my Phils even then..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

August 14th 1997, Cubs vs Giants at Candlestick Park. Bill Mueller hit a 3 run homer right down the right field line. I had been to a few games before this one but hadn't seen a homerun. Me and my Dad decided to go to see Ryne Sandberg play before he retired since this was his last season. I remember it very well even though I wasn't happy that the Giants won 7 to 3.

It's too bad that we got stuck in bay area traffic 2 years earlier or I would have been able to see my all time favorite player Mike Piazza hit one out against the Giants for my first in person homerun. Instead I had to settle for listening to it on the radio on the way into the stadium.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Chris Sabo, Astros vs. Reds at the Astrosdome.

(02-17-2011, 07:56 AM)86champs Wrote: Darryl Strawberry, don't remember who the Mets played against that day. I was pretty young but it still sticks out in my mind.

I also saw Darryl Strawberry w/ the Dodgers though at Dodger Stadium I think it was against the Expos and we won 4-3
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

Believe it or not, the first HR I saw in person was an Inside the Parker by Butch Hobson at Fenway, against the Indians. So cool! Like 30 some years ago and I remember it like yesterday. It was the first game of a double-header, and I'm not positive, but pretty sure that was the only HR that day.

Not sure who hit the first home run. Old man took me to see Nolan Ryan pitch when the Rangers played Cleveland in the early 90's....Of
Course the indians managed to actually win the only time I ever rooted against them.....Here was my first game,
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/...8210.shtml

funny I could have sworn sandy alomar was catching that game
I collect all Willy nilly with no major rhyme or reason.
I have fun with my hobby, that is what I collect for my PC.....FUN nothing more nothing less.Tongue

Oldest HR I remember...Bo Jackson at Skydome. Went right down the left field line and went into the top deck! It was absolutely huge! At the time I did not live in the Toronto area (which I do now) but actually only a few miles from Tiger Stadium in Windosr Ontario, where I grew up. I know I must have seen a HR prior at Tiger Stadium, but that blast by Bo was gigantic and my earliest recollection of a homerun.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

1982- RON OESTER of all people! and it was a walk-off in the 10th inning off of Tom Hausman, I even got my first sip of beer that game, can it get any better than that for an 8 year old.

(02-18-2014, 09:53 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: 1982- RON OESTER of all people! and it was a walk-off in the 10th inning off of Tom Hausman, I even got my first sip of beer that game, can it get any better than that for an 8 year old.
Nice, maybe if you caught the ball!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(02-17-2011, 07:54 AM)exposfan09 Wrote: Mine was Fred McGriff against the Marlins in 1993. My very first game as well! Smile
I don't remember my first game but i do remember my first game with me and my son. 2010 Tiger vs Nats Brennan Boesch was on fire and hitting his way to the rookie of year (unfortunately didn't happen) but he stepped up bottom of the ninth and won it against the Nationals with a bomb! Great experience! My son got his auto during warmupsSmile